Windows 10: Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea)

Discus and support Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I have a really old PC, FX8320, some gigabyte mobo, and 4x4GB sticks of identical RAM. It has been fine for forever, but with a update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yuppyolo, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Window 10 Eats half my RAM

Hi, so I bought a 8gb RAM so I can play MHW because I can't play it on 4gb RAM. So when I installed it windows literally eats half of it just as I opened my pc. and I did do the "Virtual memory" stuff but it still doesn't help it still eats half of my RAM.
    please help, why is this happening?

SoraMaster, Nov 13, 2020
  2. SossaA4 Win User
    Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager]

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and i searched already in a few threads, but i couldn't find the right solution for me. I have 8GB installed as RAM, but in taskmanager my Lenovo Flex2-14 is only finding 4GB.
    How can i let my computer find it's full RAM of 8GB, instead of half..
    Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? Thanks in advance!

Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea) [​IMG]

SossaA4, Nov 13, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea)

Ram Mhz Cut In Half

Give me exact info about RAM, sorry my mistake board can handle RAM at that speed,just not RAM you have that i can see from being 20133MHZ as half is 1066mhz

jds63, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea)

1. Windows 10 Stole half my RAM(half rant half plea) - Similar Threads - Stole half RAM

2. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  3. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  4. Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.: So for Context, I have 32Gbs of ram installed on my PC and it only shows 16 Gbs as useable. It used to only have 16Gbs installed and only 8Gbs usable until I ordered more ram. I've tried and looked for the fix online but everyone just says make sure maximum memory is turned...
  5. Window 10 Eats half my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Eats half my RAM: Hi, so I bought a 8gb RAM so I can play MHW because I can't play it on 4gb RAM. So when I installed it windows literally eats half of it just as I opened my pc. and I did do the "Virtual memory" stuff but it still doesn't help it still eats half of my RAM. please help, why is...
  6. Hardware reserving half my RAM

Hardware reserving half my RAM: I've been trying to fix a problem where my hardware will reserve 8gb of RAM, and my pc won't use my graphics card, even though it says its working fine, I believe the problem might be because of integrated graphics, that is using ram, and taking my graphics card place....
  7. Only half Ram available?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only half Ram available?: Hello, in the PC information I am shown that I only have half of my ram available. I also notice in various games that the FPS start to fluctuate, I think this is also due to it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x GPU: Radeon RX580 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Nur...
  8. Half speed RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half speed RAM: Helo, so I have a new laptop with 2x DDR4 2400MHz, but CPU-Z says that I have NB Frequency of 600MHz and DRAM Frequncy of 400MHz. Is this Ok ? This would make my RAM half speed. submitted by /u/krystofdzoba [link] [comments]...
  9. Half my RAM is hardware reserved

Half my RAM is hardware reserved: Hi, Recently, I added 4GB of RAM to my computer, bringing it up to 8GB. However, it appears that all this has done is increase the Hardware Reserved Memory to 4.3GB. In other words, I am getting absolutely no benefit from the additional RAM. Following advice given...
  10. Ram Mhz Cut In Half

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ram Mhz Cut In Half: I have a 16Gb dual channel kit with 2133mhz of speed My computer reads that i have all 16gb but I cant run 2133mhz without overclocking and im not going to be doing that anytime soon. Here is the issue when i go into my bios settings to adjust the Mhz I put it to 1600Mhz when...