Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped accepting my machine login credentials

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped accepting my machine login credentials in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I just replaced the broken screen in my laptop. On the first power-up, the system accepted my biometric. Since then, it only gives me one... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jeff304, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Jeff304 Win User

Windows 10 stopped accepting my machine login credentials

Hi

I just replaced the broken screen in my laptop. On the first power-up, the system accepted my biometric. Since then, it only gives me one chance at the biometric, then prompts me for my pin, which it says is wrong. My Microsoft account password isn't being accepted either. Power cycling the laptop has no effect.

This laptop is new and not an os upgrade. It came with win 10.

I'm locked out of it. How do I remedy this?

:)

Jeff304, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stopped accepting my machine login credentials - Similar Threads - stopped accepting machine

2. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  3. Windows 10 not accepting Microsoft Account as Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting Microsoft Account as Network Credentials: Help, please?I have three computers on my home network, all with Windows 10. They all could access each other's files through the network after entering my Microsoft Account as Network Credentials.I replaced the hard drive in my laptop and installed Windows 10 again. Now it...
  4. Windows 10 not accepting Microsoft Account as Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not accepting Microsoft Account as Network Credentials: Help, please?I have three computers on my home network, all with Windows 10. They all could access each other's files through the network after entering my Microsoft Account as Network Credentials.I replaced the hard drive in my laptop and installed Windows 10 again. Now it...
  5. my windows 10 login pin is not accepting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 login pin is not accepting: my windows 10 login pin is not accepting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-login-pin-is-not-accepting/de2ba1eb-666e-4f1f-8007-73ed12a9d19c
  6. my windows 10 login pin is not accepting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 10 login pin is not accepting: my windows 10 login pin is not accepting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-login-pin-is-not-accepting/de2ba1eb-666e-4f1f-8007-73ed12a9d19c
  7. Dosen't accept my credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dosen't accept my credentials: I opened the outlook app on my laptop and a popout of windows security asked for my credentials, my email was already there it only needed my password but didn't accept it. I tried typping it mutiple times but the same window just popped out again...
  8. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several questions on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  9. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials: After MSTSC, We enter user name and password then we click "OK" to connect but there is delay of 23-25 Seconds approx between I click on "OK" and it starts showing "connecting" wizard and it eventually connects. Any Idea, it is frustrating !! May be GPO issue may be Win 10...
  10. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....