Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a dupe post but it explains what I'm suffering from perfectly. I have the exact same problem as below. The issue started yesterday. I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Swoog3G, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Swoog3G Win User

Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

This is a dupe post but it explains what I'm suffering from perfectly. I have the exact same problem as below. The issue started yesterday. I was using the xbox one controller just fine 2 days ago.

I have 2 Xbox Wireless gamepads, which I use with USB cables (I don't have the receivers at the moment). Everything was working fine until now. Didn't use them for a few weeks and now the PC just does not react in any manner to connecting them.

The only thing that happens is a controller vibrates when connected, but even the white lamp in the middle does not light up at all. There is no device connected/disconnected sound when I plug any of them in any port (I have tried all USB ports on the PC and external USB hub) and I could not find them being detected as anything in the device manager either.

Struggling for a couple days now -- I don't even have an entry point to fix the problem since the system just ignores the existence of the controllers. Other USB devices don't seem to cause any trouble on this PC and the controllers work well on another PC.

:)

Swoog3G, Feb 6, 2019

2. Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to use the XBOX One controller on this computer before?
    2. Have you tried connecting the XBOX controller on a different computer?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

1. Select Start, then Run, then type
      sysdm.cpl
      , and then select OK.
    2. On the Hardware tab, select Device Manager.
    3. When the controller is successfully installed, you see three entries in Device Manager. There should be two entries under
      Human Interface Devices:
    HID-compliant game controller

USB Human Interface Device

Additionally, there should be a third entry in under
    Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class:

Xbox One Controller for Windows

1. If you see yellow exclamation points next to any of these entries, there's a problem with the installation.
    2. Double-click Xbox One Controller for Windows.
    On the Driver tab, select
    Update Driver and check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Catherine Cus dated August 24, 2017,
    if the above
    suggested steps doesn’t fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Xbox One S controller not showing in Bluetooth Devices or registering over wired connection

Thank you for keeping us updated. Since the controller is working on your Xbox console, we recommend that you update the controller on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps on this

link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you test the controller by connecting it to the PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You may also check if the controller is recognized in the Device Manager. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Device Manager in the search box.
    • Click on Device Manager on the search results and check if you can see the Xbox One S controller on the list.

We will be waiting for your response. Let us know if you need more help.

Loraine Mon, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

XBox one controller stopped working in games

Thank you for your response. The standard Xbox One Wireless controller has a built-in Bluetooth technology that will allow you to connect your Xbox One controller to the PC via a Bluetooth connection.

If the controller is working on Xbox One, that means there is an issue with the drivers or the updates installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you manually uninstall the drivers from the Device manager and update it again. Here's how:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Unplug the USB cable for the controller and restart your PC.

If the issue persists, resetting the Windows Update components will help resolve your concern since it started after an update. You may refer to
    How do I reset Windows Update components? for the steps.

Should you need further assistance, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

1. Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager) - Similar Threads - stopped reacting Xbox

2. Xbox controller appears on device manager but nor working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller appears on device manager but nor working.: Hello, when i connect my xbox controller trough usbits a power A wired xbox controller the little light flash and i can hear the sound of device plug in, and if i go to the device manager its there, but the light on controller is off and i cannot use it to play.I already...
  3. Xbox controller appears on device manager but nor working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller appears on device manager but nor working.: Hello, when i connect my xbox controller trough usbits a power A wired xbox controller the little light flash and i can hear the sound of device plug in, and if i go to the device manager its there, but the light on controller is off and i cannot use it to play.I already...
  4. Xbox controller appears on device manager but nor working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox Controller not showing up in Device Manager

Xbox Controller not showing up in Device Manager: I recently bought an xbox 360 controller and it doesn't show up in Device Manager. I bought some new batteries and cable and it recognized it but I kept getting a code 10 error. Then I uninstalled the controller and now it doesn't show up at all after restarting my PC and...
  6. Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10

Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10: I have an Xbox One S controller that I am trying to plug into my PC to play PC games using the controller rather than M&K. I have the most recent updates of Windows 10. I have tried plugging in my controller with 4 different USB cords, 2 of which were brand new never been...
  7. Xbox controller stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller stopped working: I was playing fine with my controller on modern warfere then out of nowhere i can use it anymore my computer recognizes it i can press the xbox button and open gamepad but its unresponsive in game. Ive uninstalled driver reinstalled it over 5 times all my stuff is updated im...
  8. Laptop stops reacting to clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stops reacting to clicks: I am using windows 10. When using the computer, the cursor suddenly changes shape. At first, the open application, be it chrome, starts to scroll up and down all by itself, and then when I click on a page to minimize a window, that window disappears, and a click on the back...
  9. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC or showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not connecting to PC or showing up in device manager: Hello, I recently got a new PC and am trying to connect my new xbox one controller to play game on it. My computer doesn't have bluetooth support so i'm trying to use a micro-usb cable to connect it. When i plug the controller in it vibrates but it doesn't show up in device...
  10. xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller not appearing on device manager and not working...: i had windows 7 and i was using normally my wireless controller, everything was fine... so some time ago i changed to windows 10 but for some reason isnt working nothing anymore, i tried installing the driver from the CD, from the website and even deleting every paste of it...