Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using an HP 1536dnf MFP for several years to print and scan in Win 10 with no problems. Ever since installing the October update last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulAubin, Nov 20, 2018.

1. PaulAubin Win User

Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update

I have been using an HP 1536dnf MFP for several years to print and scan in Win 10 with no problems. Ever since installing the October update last week my system won't recognize the scanner function of my printer. When I launch Scan I get the message, "To get started, connect a scanner." I've tried checking for driver updates but Windows tells me I have the latest version. I went to the HP website and confirmed that there have been no new updates since I installed the current driver. I tried running SFC but found no file integrity issues. This appears to be a fairly widespread issue but I haven't found the solution by browsing similar posts on this site.

:)

PaulAubin, Nov 20, 2018
  2. bobkn Win User

Win 10 does not recognize scanner

I hesitate to suggest this, because it's far from free ($40/$80 for standard/pro), but Vuescan has your scanner on its supported list:

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

bobkn, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update

Epson Perfection 4180 Photo Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 Update

After the latest Windows 10 update, installed 1/11/2017, my Epson Perfection 4180 Photo Scanner stopped working. I am now getting a USB device not recognized error. Scanner was working properly with Windows 10 before the update on 1/11/17. I followed
    steps found in the Windows Support to reinstall the scanner but still get the error.

DavidJeffreys, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update

1. Windows 10 stopped recognizing my scanner after October update - Similar Threads - stopped recognizing scanner

2. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  3. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  4. Windows 11 not recognizing my scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not recognizing my scanner: My HP Scanjet Pro 2500 will not work with Windows 11. Already worked with HP. I want to stop Windows 11 from auto updating so I can revert back to Windows 10 where my scanner works. Please help. Each time I have to uninstall and reinstall the scanner to work. This is crazy....
  5. Windows Camera stops working after October Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Camera stops working after October Update: Hi There, Coincidental or not my Lumia 950XL rear camera stops working(with an error code) after installing 2019-10B Update for Windows 10 Version for arm-based Phone Devices and also same as a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 we have at work. Going to download Windows Device...
  6. My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My scanner stopped scanning after upgrade to Windows 10: After the upgrade to Windows 10, my scanner Canon MX300 stopped scanning but it is still able to print. I tried to update drivers but Windows informs that the drivers are updated. What’s your advise?...
  7. Stopping October Windows 10 update!

Stopping October Windows 10 update!: How do I STOP the October Windows 10 updates until Microsoft figures out what is causing all the deletes and crashes associated with this update? I'm stuck with Microsoft 10 but I have had one laptop bricked by that installation and I cannot afford to loose anything from...
  8. My external dvd player is not recognized by windows after the October 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external dvd player is not recognized by windows after the October 2018 update.: My external dvd player is not recognized by windows after the October 2018 update. I have reinstalled the usb and dvd drivers and run the troubleshooter. If I take me computer back to a recover point before the update windows recognizes my dvd player. What can I do to be...
  9. Windows 10 October Update stopped.

Windows 10 October Update stopped.: I updated on the October 2nd, and so far I did not discover any problems. No documents have been deleted but I am not yet through with my checks. If it had been so, I have at least two back-ups from which I can restore deleted files. However, MS completely stopped the release...
  10. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi, Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more security and protection online. After that my scanner software stopped working - it throws I/O error while connecting to my...