Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped showing separate images for wallpaper backgrounds?

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped showing separate images for wallpaper backgrounds? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 just started showing the same image on two different monitors? And one of the images isn't made to fill the screen? Windows 10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John'z Place, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stopped showing separate images for wallpaper backgrounds?

Hi,

Windows 10 just started showing the same image on two different monitors? And one of the images isn't made to fill the screen?

Windows 10 was always showing two different images when I had two monitors on. Just this morning it started showing the same image on the two screens and one of them doesn't fill the screen. (I have it set to fill the screen).

Anyone?

Thanks,

John

:)

John'z Place, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Download background wallpaper?

Is it still set as background? Then you can go into Settings > Personalization > Background. In there you should be able to find the folder that contains the image file.

If that doesn't work here are some alternate suggestions

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/windows-wallpaper-...

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/find-current-... - call up the old control panel dialog

https://winaero.com/blog/find-your-current-wall... - this page provides a VBS script you can copy and run to open the folder.

Rohn007, Oct 25, 2019
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 25, 2019
  4. lZKoce Win User

Windows 10 stopped showing separate images for wallpaper backgrounds?

Wallpaper setup in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

laugh all you want, but I have an issue with Windows 10 and setting up wallpapers. Right click-> background doesn't help. I want the old school screen I have seen in Windows 8. I want to set up a dual monitor wallpaper. This command used to take me to the right place :

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper , but now it doesn't. What could be the problem here ?

The wallpaper page is no longer available from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personlization > Desktop background like in Windows 8. Why did they change this is beyond my understanding. Anyone with an idea is more than welcomed.

Windows version is : 1703 ( OS build 15063.483 )
    Windows edition: Home
    Activation status: Digital license linked to my MS Account

lZKoce, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stopped showing separate images for wallpaper backgrounds?

1. Windows 10 stopped showing separate images for wallpaper backgrounds? - Similar Threads - stopped showing separate

2. Desktop background or Wallpaper not showing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop background or Wallpaper not showing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Desktop is the home of our PC and the wallpaper sets its mood. We have the option to customize or change it as per our taste. We can use our own pictures as well as the default ones. Some users are complaining that the desktop background or wallpaper on their PC has...
  3. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image: When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my...
  4. Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper/background image changes when I double-click an image: When I double click an image in my files, it becomes my desktop wallpaper. I have tried looking for a shortcuts area to change this setting, but I can't find anywhere. Can someone help me change this setting please? I am finding it incredibly annoying to keep changing my...
  5. Background wallpapers on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background wallpapers on Windows: When I set my background wallpapers to slideshow, it runs normally, but I don't really want it executing slides when I am not using the PC, and in power options and settings, you can only activate, deactivate and change your options, don't set when you want to suspend your...
  6. Background wallpapers on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background wallpapers on Windows: When I set my background wallpapers to slideshow, it runs normally, but I don't really want it executing slides when I am not using the PC, and in power options and settings, you can only activate, deactivate and change your options, don't set when you want to suspend your...
  7. Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors

Dual-Monitor Background Images - 99% Show Separate Images, 1% Span Both Monitors: A couple months back I started using a second monitor with my Windows 10 laptop. I set the background to slideshow and the the fit to "Fit." I have it pointed at a folder with a couple hundred images. Almost all of them work perfectly, with separate images on each screen. But...
  8. Background wallpaper

Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  9. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef
  10. Slideshow background images (wallpaper)

Slideshow background images (wallpaper): I've had Windows 10 for a while and have had fun with the programs ability to "slideshow" the desktop backgrounds (wallpaper) but, a recent upgrade has limited the number of active wallpapers to 20. I have about 50 in the file titled DesktopBackground but the...