Windows 10: Windows 10 Stopped Turning Off My Screens

Discus and support Windows 10 Stopped Turning Off My Screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unsure of when but Windows 10 has stopped turning off my monitors after a specified time. I don't have anything special plugged into my USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by norman347, Dec 26, 2018.

1. norman347 Win User

Windows 10 Stopped Turning Off My Screens

I am unsure of when but Windows 10 has stopped turning off my monitors after a specified time. I don't have anything special plugged into my USB ports. Just my KB and M. I really don't want to have to do a reinstall of my system just to fix this. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

norman347, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I turn off full screen in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Start Screen in windows 10?
    If you’re referring to Start screen in windows 10, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings.

• Select personalization.

• Select Start from the left panel of the window.

• Turn off Use Start Full Screen and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stopped Turning Off My Screens - Similar Threads - Stopped Turning Off

2. Window 10 laptop screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 laptop screen turns off: So one day I was using my laptop. Then suddenly the screen turned off. I restarted it with the power button because nothing will work. When it turns on again, I typed my password and used the short key: window key + s after the device was unlocked of course then it will turn...
  3. Window 10 laptop screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 laptop screen turns off: So one day I was using my laptop. Then suddenly the screen turned off. I restarted it with the power button because nothing will work. When it turns on again, I typed my password and used the short key: window key + s after the device was unlocked of course then it will turn...
  4. Window 10 laptop screen turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 10 desktop screen is sporadically turning on and turning off ~10 seconds -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 desktop screen is sporadically turning on and turning off ~10 seconds -...: Hello to Whomever is Reading This, I really need some help. I have no one to help me. My family is in PA and I'm in Los Angeles. I must have done something inadvertently to my Windows Home Desktop Computer a few days ago. I lost all my tabs but will have to take the time to...
  6. Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off

Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off: My laptop HP Pavilion is approaching two years old and issues about it going to sleep/waking itself up again have always dogged it. I always eventually find a solution to solve a particular problem, but then a few weeks later it starts going wrong again. A few days ago I...
  7. Screen Backlight Not Turning Off (Windows 10)

Screen Backlight Not Turning Off (Windows 10): I am on a 20-inch, Mid 2009 iMac, triple booting Mac OS X 10.11.6, Windows 10, and Arch Linux. After the 5 minutes I set, the screen goes black, but the backlight stays on. Can somebody help with this? Thanks in advance, Enchint Sworden...
  8. Turning off Windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...
  9. Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 There are several different kinds of keyboards for PCs. The most common type is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. While Windows 10 has...
  10. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(: I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to Never for timeouts, for plugged in and not plugged in. I've went to the advanced settings for my power options and put never on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen stopped turning off