Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped updating in March

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped updating in March in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows 10 desktop has not had a successful update since the end of March. I ran the Update Troubleshooter and it said the database was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanGoodale, May 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stopped updating in March

Hello,

My Windows 10 desktop has not had a successful update since the end of March. I ran the Update Troubleshooter and it said the database was corrupt and it supposedly rebuilt it, but that didn't resolve the issue. What do I do next? I have backups from March, should I just restore one of those?

Thanks

Dan Goodale

:)

DanGoodale, May 15, 2019

2. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, May 15, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, May 15, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 stopped updating in March

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stopped updating in March

1. Windows 10 stopped updating in March - Similar Threads - stopped updating March

2. Windows 10 update of 10th March 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update of 10th March 2022: Following this update my laptop has got very slow. Click on a link for data on my laptop, like opening File Explorer, takes seconds.. So long that I thought maybe I hadn't clicked hard enough and click again only to have two pages come up seconds later. When trying to open a...
  3. Windows 10 update of 10th March 2022

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update of 10th March 2022: Following this update my laptop has got very slow. Click on a link for data on my laptop, like opening File Explorer, takes seconds.. So long that I thought maybe I hadn't clicked hard enough and click again only to have two pages come up seconds later. When trying to open a...
  4. Windows 10, March 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, March 2021 update: Hello! My laptop started to freeze every 5 minutes and I cannot do anything but to force a restart.. I can't move the mouse or use ctrl+alt+del at all. I tried to look online for a fix, but the only error I found was because of the printer.. I don't have a printer and I...
  5. Windows 10 March update Black screen

Windows 10 March update Black screen: Hi there, I received a notification that I have to update my windows. I started the update and suddenly my laptop screen went black and it's been black since then. I can only say that my laptop is on by the light on power button, as I can't see anything else on the screen. It...
  6. Windows 10 March Update will stop Internet access,Office 365.

Windows 10 March Update will stop Internet access,Office 365.: Hi, I have got an message from Leading Magazine Hindustantimes states that the below message. Please go through the link in detail....
  7. March update

March update: After the recent March update a banner has appeared at the top of the page when selecting Settings. This says my updates need attention but when I look at that all appears well! Is this a bug or do I need to do anything, or just ignore it? No urgency just wondering if anyone...
  8. Windows 10 March 2019 Update

Windows 10 March 2019 Update: Since this last update I have noticed many anomalies. Mostly with screen pages. For example, in page setup before printing the system hangs in the setup selection pages. These pages normal have an OK button on the very lower right part of the menu and you cannot proceed...
  9. Windows 10 update on March 20, 2019

Windows 10 update on March 20, 2019: Evidently the night of March 20, 2019, a Windows Quality Update was pushed down. My computer had been rebooted and now I cannot open any of my Office 365 programs. The fix for this happening in 2016 will not work for me as I cannot get into my programs to do anything....
  10. Windows 10 Update March 31 2017

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update March 31 2017: I have two HP Laptops running Windows 10 Home. Both are running well without Virus or Malware. Today I'm getting the same error from Windows Update on both computers suggesting it's a Microsoft problem. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again...