Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help to know how to easily fix this and be able to use my whole computer once again. Currently only using the internet is working properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cee Cat Hoffmann, May 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...

I need help to know how to easily fix this and be able to use my whole computer once again. Currently only using the internet is working properly.

:)

Cee Cat Hoffmann, May 21, 2022
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Windows 10 Start menu not working?

Hello,

We would like to know more so we could assist you better. Kindly clarify the following:

• What is your OS build and version?
    • Are you getting the same error message when you try to access the Start Menu by clicking the Windows key alone and also the Start Menu on the left side of your desktop?

For the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to be able to use Cortana/ Search:

• Check for updates.
    • Restart your device.
    • Try the troubleshooter.
    • Create a new local administrator account.
    • Reset your PC.

For more information regarding the steps above, kindly refer to this link.

Should you have other concerns, let us know.

Karla Alm, May 21, 2022
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, May 21, 2022
  4. Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...

1. Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for... - Similar Threads - stopped working properly

2. Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...: I need help to know how to easily fix this and be able to use my whole computer once again. Currently only using the internet is working properly....
  3. Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stopped working properly on desktop PC. I can't use the Start Menu search for...: I need help to know how to easily fix this and be able to use my whole computer once again. Currently only using the internet is working properly....
  4. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Cortana
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  5. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  6. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. desktop start menu and search button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop start menu and search button not working: desktop start menu and search button not working i have done dsm and sfc and reinstalled windows none of it works i use desktop daily i noticed that when turning on pc and first thing i need to open is start buton after that it will work and start and search functions are...
  8. I can't use Search in Start Menu

in Cortana
    I can't use Search in Start Menu: Hi, When I open Start Menu and start typing something I get the white block. How I can fix that issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-search-in-start-menu/192fc523-48a4-4654-89b8-e6e9f35c6ebc"
  9. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working: Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the initial install?? Have tried several restarts but no change. Dan 60994
  10. Windows Search (Cortana) not working properly with Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search (Cortana) not working properly with Start Menu: Hello fellow Windows 10 users! I've upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is fine and Windows are working very smooth and nice. But there is one thing that really bothers me: Windows Search (including Cortana) does not find links to programs inside...