Windows 10: Windows 10 stopping USB connections

Discus and support Windows 10 stopping USB connections in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had to uninstall update 4560960 as it stopped my USB printer from working. Will this problem be corrected in future updates. I have on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RogerBoys, Jun 28, 2020.

1. RogerBoys Win User

Windows 10 stopping USB connections

I have had to uninstall update 4560960 as it stopped my USB printer from working. Will this problem be corrected in future updates. I have on the advice of the Windows adviser reinstalled the printer drivers but it was only when the update was uninstalled that the matter resolved itself. My Wi-Fi link via a USB plug in also continues to drop after initial switch on of the PC. I have paused future updates as there is no advantage in allowing if my printer does not work. The printers scanner function works normally so the fault is in the Windows software.

:)

RogerBoys, Jun 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stopping USB connections - Similar Threads - stopping USB connections

2. usb connection glitching windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb connection glitching windows 10: For a few days now I have been getting random USB-connection pop-ups "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" about once per minute and even when there are 0 USB devices connected.I can unplug my mouse, keyboard, and webcam and it will still give me this popup. I...
  3. usb connection glitching windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb connection glitching windows 10: For a few days now I have been getting random USB-connection pop-ups "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" about once per minute and even when there are 0 USB devices connected.I can unplug my mouse, keyboard, and webcam and it will still give me this popup. I...
  4. usb connection glitching windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sculpt Keyboard stopped connecting to USB

Sculpt Keyboard stopped connecting to USB: My Sculpt Keyboard stopped working. We cleaned it with air and a light cloth and now its DOA. The mouse still works. Is there a "switch" on the sculpt keyboard that needs to be pressed to pair it back with the dongle ? The batteries were out for abut 2 hours. Thank you...
  6. Windows 10 - USB Connect Chiming

Windows 10 - USB Connect Chiming: My set up: Laptop Dell XPS 13, Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB to attach external Dell monitor, keyboard and mouse. USB-C connections. I've had this happen twice - not sure what I did to fix it the first time, but very frustrated. After a video teleconferencing call...
  7. Windows 10 USB connection Error

Windows 10 USB connection Error: I installed Windows 10 on My ASUS MotherBoard, #@ GB RAM, NVIDIA Graphics Card running I-7 CPU on Nov 25, 2019. Up until today, every thingt functioned perfectly. Today, I was unable to read an SD Card inserted in my USB Card reader. Yesterday, I experienced no problem...
  8. usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...

usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...: I am windows10 home user,every time when I use my laptop I am facing this issue, my usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard keys also giving same problem.some times it is restored by restarting windows explorer,but some times...
  9. Windows 10 Refusing to Connect to the Internet When USB is Connected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Refusing to Connect to the Internet When USB is Connected.: I installed Forza Horizon 4 on a USB drive earlier this week and ever since, my computer is refusing to connect to the internet no matter what I do. It works almost night and day when I eject it, but the second I plug the USB in it just refuses to connect to my wi-fi....
  10. Usb connected scope stopped working

Usb connected scope stopped working: I'm having a strange problem with a USB device. Here is the scenerio: I purchased a new Lenove Ideapad 320 about a week ago as an update to my old Lenovo T500. The T500 runs Windows 10 Pro, while the Ideapad 320 is running Windows 10 Home. Both are 64 bit machines. The USB...