Windows 10: Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed.

Discus and support Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a great laptop with a good battery, external mic and USB camera. I'm ready to record some outdoor sport games.But when I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OSTech, Oct 8, 2021.

1. OSTech Win User

Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed.

Hello, I've got a great laptop with a good battery, external mic and USB camera. I'm ready to record some outdoor sport games.But when I close the laptop lid the Windows 10 Camera application stops recording. Power settings are, "When I close the lid: Do nothing".I want to keep my laptop in my bag while its recording so it doesn't get hit with a ball or stepped on. And I don't need the monitor to waste the battery, I just want to leave it record for an hour or so. I shimmed the laptop lid open while in my bag, but I don't like doing that.Other things I tried:* Turning off USB selective suspe

:)

OSTech, Oct 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Camera opens, shows nothing, then closes

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    It could be due to missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

For reference: Camera app and webcams help
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 8, 2021
  4. Joan Pin Win User

How to open camera and start camera recording in windows 10 using commands

Hi Kire,

The Camera app in Windows 10 helps you to take pictures, record videos, or stream video while video chatting. To open the Camera, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and choose Run.
    • Enter this command in the Run dialog box: microsoft.windows.camera:.
    • Click OK.

Automatic recording is unavailable in the Camera app. To record videos, you first have to switch to
    Video mode. Tap the Video button from the right side of the app’s window.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed. - Similar Threads - Stops Recording USB

2. How to stop Windows 10 from choosing when to close?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop Windows 10 from choosing when to close?: I'm working with my ASUS win 10 laptop near my Win 10 Dell PC, going back and forth. I spent more time on the Dell and the ASUS closed. I had to sign in again and restart all my programs, that I had just done before this happened again. Sometimes its Windows updates when I'm...
  3. How to stop Windows 10 from choosing when to close?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 10 from choosing when to close?: I'm working with my ASUS win 10 laptop near my Win 10 Dell PC, going back and forth. I spent more time on the Dell and the ASUS closed. I had to sign in again and restart all my programs, that I had just done before this happened again. Sometimes its Windows updates when I'm...
  4. How to stop Windows 10 from choosing when to close?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed.: Hello, I've got a great laptop with a good battery, external mic and USB camera. I'm ready to record some outdoor sport games.But when I close the laptop lid the Windows 10 Camera application stops recording. Power settings are, "When I close the lid: Do nothing".I want to...
  6. Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Stops Recording From USB Camera When Laptop is Closed.: Hello, I've got a great laptop with a good battery, external mic and USB camera. I'm ready to record some outdoor sport games.But when I close the laptop lid the Windows 10 Camera application stops recording. Power settings are, "When I close the lid: Do nothing".I want to...
  7. Camera Laptop stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Laptop stopped: Ok this may a difficult one and I appreciate any suggestions.The Lenovo forum has not provided me any answers...Anyway, I have a Lenovo ideapad 5-14ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YM - only a year old.and the in-built camera just stopped being the one being chosen - it just stopped one...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid: Hello! Whenever my computer falls asleep, either automatically from leaving the lid open or closing the lid, all of the programs I had up close down. It looks like Microsoft is exiting out of and shutting down all programs that were open. This has been incredibly...
  9. USB camera that stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB camera that stopped working: I have USB camera that stopped working, possibly bad driver but that is beyond me, any ideas? I have gone through the trouble shooter but no luck, I do not see camera listed on device manager, I do hear it ding with connected....
  10. Game bar stops recording when I close a window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game bar stops recording when I close a window: I am trying to record a how to video for a class to teach them how to install a few programs but whenever I close a window game bar stops recording. How do I stop this?...