Windows 10: Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This happens to me with some games or programs. While I had win 7, I could switch to task manager and close it and that's it. Ever since I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trashbeingdumb, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes

This happens to me with some games or programs. While I had win 7, I could switch to task manager and close it and that's it. Ever since I upgraded to 10 every freeze makes me unable to switch or open task manager. I manually turned off my pc, which isn't the best idea for my pc, but I couldn't help myself otherwise. After booting back up it kinda gets in a never ending loop in the booting up sequence. Some manual resets fixed it, but this is basically the process I have to go through whenever something freezes. Is there a simpler way to approach this, instead of me having to do the mentioned process?

submitted by /u/trashbeingdumb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trashbeingdumb, Jul 31, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Loraine Mon, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes

Marby Rey, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes

1. Windows 10 stops responding when a game or program crashes/freezes - Similar Threads - stops responding game

2. Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.: When trying to open files, the program attempting to open the file will slow down for around a minute and causes the program to be unresponsive. This can even cause file explorer to stop responding on occasion. After successfully opening a file, the program Is able to open...
  3. Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.: When trying to open files, the program attempting to open the file will slow down for around a minute and causes the program to be unresponsive. This can even cause file explorer to stop responding on occasion. After successfully opening a file, the program Is able to open...
  4. Programs Stop Responding When Trying to Access Files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  6. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  7. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games: While most problems are known to happen while running an application or programs, many have also reported that their Computer freezes or crashes when closing Programs or Games. This pretty much boggles the mind on why the computer would crash, sometimes immediately and...
  9. Programs freeze, and fail to respond,

Programs freeze, and fail to respond,: Hello, I have an HP, AIO Desktop, My computer runs 24/7. I count on it in everything I do, but lately it has started rash of programs not responding, and the screen fades or fogs, and I have to cut power to it to get control of it again. Any help will be greatly...
  10. Freeze Crash and Nvidia Driver Stopped Responding

Freeze Crash and Nvidia Driver Stopped Responding: Hello everyone, I recently did a clean install to get Windows 10, but I'm getting two issues atm. The major one is a freeze crash where the computer will freeze, and the have the audio go really slow, robotic or at other times it will stutter/repeat. Sometimes the...