Windows 10: Windows 10 stops running programs correctly

Discus and support Windows 10 stops running programs correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I am getting a odd bug in windows 10 where some programs stop running correctly. I have experienced this in two cases so far with the godot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShadowBlitz16, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stops running programs correctly

Hi I am getting a odd bug in windows 10 where some programs stop running correctly.

I have experienced this in two cases so far with the godot engine.

https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/37420

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342571814930743298/696910686109827182/unknown.png

and a game called king arthur's gold

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342571814930743298/696910278545113198/unknown.png

in the first case the godot engine stops running game scenes also known as a game object or game room.

in both cases apps seem to freeze shortly after boot

I have also experienced issues shutting down and restarting my computer when this happens, where my computer just hangs in limbo with a black screen

holding the power button on my case and shutting it down fixes the issue temporarily until it randomly happens again.

I have tried scanning with malware bytes and sfc scan now both returning no problems

I was wondering if someone here knows why this would be happening.

I have never experienced with with windows 7

:)

ShadowBlitz16, Apr 6, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 stops running programs correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 6, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 stops running programs correctly

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stops running programs correctly

1. Windows 10 stops running programs correctly - Similar Threads - stops running programs

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  6. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  7. Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.: Hello! I, after delaying it as far as I could, finally installed update 20H2 onto my Windows 10 PC (Pentium G4560, 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB RAM if that's important). And most apps are working just as intended. However, there are a handful of apps, namely Whatsapp and Discord, which...
  8. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program: Hi there, I am getting below error when I am launching Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint and any other non-Microsoft applications as well. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program" . Also, I attached the screenshot for above error....
  9. Stop programs running at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop programs running at boot: Middle of last week I was using Excel on my PC, closed it and shut the computer down. When I turned it back on, Excel opened a blank workbook when the computer started up and does this every time now. Last night, I had Chrome open (watching Netflix), closed Chrome, shut...
  10. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly: Hi I’ma first timer I amrunning 3 windows ten machines 1:Desktop PC ONE A: Windows 10 pro B: Version 11511 C: OS Build 10586.318 D: Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA763 E: Processor AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 2.80 GHz F: Ram 4 GB (3.75 GB usable)...