Windows 10: Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello My Windows 10 has got a problem after updating to 2004 version that there was not in 1809 . So this is my problem : When I leave my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParsaMohammady, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes

Hello

My Windows 10 has got a problem after updating to 2004 version that there was not in 1809 . So this is my problem :

When I leave my laptop for approximately 2 or 5 minutes , windows stops working , It is something like locking ; in this situation keyboard and touch pad doesn't work , and even power key ! I can not turn of my laptop or put it into the sleep mode .

I have listened to sound of HDD in this situation , there is just a frequency beep-beep sound . My laptop doesn't return to its normal performance until I disconnect the battery .

I have same peoblem with opening some heavy programs like Adobe Photoshop whereas I could open it easily in 1809 version .

I extremely need a solution for this problem , this is about a week that I can not open my projects in some apps .

I also had other problems after Windows update like problem in sound card drivers or problem in audio 3.5mm jack output and ... which I solved them .

I sure all of these problems are related to 2004 update .

Does anyone has my problem ? Who has a solution for it ? So I think I should wait for Microsoft's next feature update ...

:)

ParsaMohammady, Jul 6, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 6, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes

Windows 8.1/10 never stops with maintenance when idle?

We have 3 windows 8.1 laptops and when idle they continuously do windows maintenance, they never stop and never end until you move the mouse.

I recently built a new desktop PC running windows 8.1 and my desktop PC does finish maintenance in about 10-15 minutes or so every day.

With this poll I want to see if it's only a windows 8.1/10 laptop installation never finishes with maintenance and if a windows 8.1/10 desktop PC install always finishes with maintenance.

Strange.

P4-630, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes

1. Windows 10 stops when I leave it for 5 minutes - Similar Threads - stops leave minutes

2. WMI KEEP STOPPING FOR 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI KEEP STOPPING FOR 5 MINUTES: Pls help me WMI keep stopping and I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmi-keep-stopping-for-5-minutes/88784d8d-a258-4623-8638-a62e88d41bbf
  3. WMI KEEP STOPPING FOR 5 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI KEEP STOPPING FOR 5 MINUTES: Pls help me WMI keep stopping and I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmi-keep-stopping-for-5-minutes/88784d8d-a258-4623-8638-a62e88d41bbf
  4. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...: Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-timer-resets-to-5-minutes-turn/f7bd7559-515a-4bf9-80fd-41e4bae3aa83
  6. Windows 10 booting for 5 minutes or more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 booting for 5 minutes or more: Hi, I am using Dell XPS 15 (9560) 512 SSD, 16 GB ram, 4 GB NVIDIA GTX. After the recent windows update my Windows 10 is booting for 5-10 minutes. I did reset my Windows for several times, it fixs for couples of days after that it becomes the same, I tried other methods...
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes: I've been getting this message for a while already. This happened not long after I moved (which was right at the end of last month), but not before then. I thought it was the Wi-Fi adapter driver, so I uninstalled its driver and downloaded a new one from the manufacturer's...
  8. BSOD when 5-10 minutes playing games

BSOD when 5-10 minutes playing games: but sometimes does, sometimes doesn't. the BSOD never happen if i has play more than couple hour, so if BSOD happen must be in first 5-10 minutes playing games... and there is more issue. sometimes when i play game there is notification "the display driver has stopped..."...
  9. Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes: I'm getting a very strange issue. I can work on my computer for many hours without any issues. But, if I step away for 20 minutes and come back, it's completely frozen and I have to hard reboot. To see if this is a problem with the sleep or hybrrid sleep functions, I disabled...