Windows 10: windows 10 stops working correctly, the only fix i know causes bigger issues! ~dllhost.exe

Discus and support windows 10 stops working correctly, the only fix i know causes bigger issues! ~dllhost.exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; boy this operating system keeps proving itself to be really buggy... windows tends to run into a seemingly unfixable issue if i keep it on for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tayo Fox, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Tayo Fox Win User

windows 10 stops working correctly, the only fix i know causes bigger issues! ~dllhost.exe

boy this operating system keeps proving itself to be really buggy...

windows tends to run into a seemingly unfixable issue if i keep it on for more than a few days.

the issue of this post is windows 10 seemingly randomly "breaks" when i close a game or rendering program.

no games, regardless of backend will open. attempts at opening anything will result in a black screen and the program using no resources.

the only way I've found to get such things to work again is to kill dllhost.exe COM Surrogate. which causes its own, even worse problems, namely with USB devices, restarting dllhost does not fix the USB problems so its a restart anyways.

CPU: AMD FX-6300

GPU: GeForce GT 730

drivers are up to date.
    sfc /scannow shows no issues.

OS build is 19041.508, however these issues have been happening since before update version 2004.

:)

Tayo Fox, Oct 17, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

SLi causing a reduction in performance!

Ok, I think I have fixed the issue. NeoCrisis was correct, the driver was not installing correctly for the second card, causing the clock speeds to run at 400MHz core and memory.

To fix the issue I followed the steps listed here.

After doing that I re-installed the 177.92 drivers, and both cards are not reported correctling in GPU-z and Nvidia control panel. I'm just running some tests now to confirm that they are actually running correctly. I'll edit this post when the benchmarks are done to let you know if it really did work.

newtekie1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Assassin48, Oct 17, 2020
  4. windows 10 stops working correctly, the only fix i know causes bigger issues! ~dllhost.exe

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 stops working correctly, the only fix i know causes bigger issues! ~dllhost.exe

1. windows 10 stops working correctly, the only fix i know causes bigger issues! ~dllhost.exe - Similar Threads - stops working correctly

2. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.: Hello, started having this error and cannot find a fix. SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎9/‎30/‎2022 1:10 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode:...
  3. Word, DllHost and Com Surrogate continually stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word, DllHost and Com Surrogate continually stop working: I have Windows 10 2H20 + Office 365 64 bit. I have a system drive C and a data drive D. Windows update not showing any new updates Today I have well over a dozen instances. Apart from Word I only see events from the Reliability history. Word starts, I can open files from...
  4. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff99841ecd6460 Parameter 2: fffff8023f616550 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 2a6c OS version: 10_0_19042 Service...
  5. A problem with your hardware caused windows to stop working correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A problem with your hardware caused windows to stop working correctly: Problem signature Problem event name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffffe5813a264460 Parameter 2: fffff80270aef99c Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS...
  6. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.: Hi All. I have been experiencing random system shutdown since last week. It used to happen once or twice a day but has since progressed to be increasing lately. Summary Hardware error Date ‎19/‎08/‎2020 4:30 PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your...
  7. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Parameter 1: 804 Parameter 2: ffffffffc0000001 Parameter 3: 108 Parameter 4: fffff8021225b760 OS version: 10_0_18362 Service...
  8. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.: I've been having crashes for awhile usually related to a few moments after waking up from sleep and sometimes randomly. I'm pretty sure it's hardware related but not sure which hardware is faulty. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  9. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.: Hi, I bought a USB C to USB C cable so I can charge my S8 directly from my computer which is the GM501GS. Sometimes when I connect the cable my laptop suddenly freezes and then displays a BSOD. No minidump file is generated, only info I could get was from the Reliability...
  10. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly: Hi I’ma first timer I amrunning 3 windows ten machines 1:Desktop PC ONE A: Windows 10 pro B: Version 11511 C: OS Build 10586.318 D: Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA763 E: Processor AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 2.80 GHz F: Ram 4 GB (3.75 GB usable)...