Windows 10: Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

Discus and support Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been reading many post about this and I also chatted with Microsoft techs. They had to manually go in and clear folders to clear space. Many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 520SteveD, Nov 29, 2018.

1. 520SteveD Win User

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

I have been reading many post about this and I also chatted with Microsoft techs. They had to manually go in and clear folders to clear space. Many times I was reading that it was due to corrupt files but I just did a fresh install and there are no corrupt files. Microsoft please fix this Windows 10 glitch.

:)

520SteveD, Nov 29, 2018
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Nov 29, 2018
  3. srini_08 Win User
    Storage size contradiction

Hi ,

when i checked for storage using
    Phone storage and storage check from setting in my lumia 520, they show other section with different size.
    Phone storage shows- 1.5gb
    storage check shows- 504mb
    how they contradict?..and why?..

Regards,
    Sri.

srini_08, Nov 29, 2018
  4. borophyll Win User

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C:
    161Gb used of 285Gb
    whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a fresh install of Windows 10. The C: partition is on a 480Gb SSD drive.

Here is a screenshot of disk management showing the correct values

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install. [​IMG]

And here is a screenshot of the Storage screen with the incorrect values

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install. [​IMG]

Can anyone explain why this is?

Thanks.

borophyll, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install. - Similar Threads - Storage glitch shows

2. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  3. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  4. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  5. INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INCORRECT FREE STORAGE SPACE SHOWING!!!: Dell Inspiron 3501OS: Windows 11 22H2OS Build: 22621.2283Total Storage: 256GBIssue: Selecting all folders and seeing their properties shows me that they are of 26.8 GB out of 100GB that means 73.2 GB is free but when checking the 'drive' properties it shows 15.2 GB is free...
  6. Windows showing incorrect storage usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing incorrect storage usage: My valorant app in control panel programs shows it uses 2.74terabytes of storage usage but my pc only has 500+ gb storage I dont know how to fix this...
  7. Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage: When I go to storage settings, it says that Valorant takes up 328GB of storage, which it obviously doesn't, it takes up around 10GB of storage. Also, I tried to uninstall Valorant to see if the '328GB' is gone, but when it said 'Valorant has been uninstalled" my PC crashes...
  8. Why does storage shows incorrect file size?

Why does storage shows incorrect file size?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] So I installed adobe flash from some shady website, but after I install it, I immediately uninstall it cause it wasn't working at all. But after I uninstall it, there is this huge file added that I don't know of and it took 18GB of my storage, it was 148GB...
  9. Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?: My objective is to create a Windows 10 VM with a minimal disk size, but that still has "desktop experience" tools like File Explorer. I found that IoT Core "must include a minimum of 2 GB of storage", which seems perfect. However, simply mounting the ISO as a CD and booting...
  10. Storage Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Glitch: My storage usage is glitched (I think) because whenever I remove temporay files its still high and I don't know why its up to 5 GB+? And what's the reason.Can someone help? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 apps and games storage incorrect

2. incorrect storage windows 10

3. storage shows incorrect size in windows 10

4. windows 10 storage usage numbers incorrect