Windows 10: Windows 10 Storage Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Storage Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get a pop up explaining i need to free up space as updates cant be installed till i do i do the usual, clean up temp files, delete browser history,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alan_1980, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Alan_1980 Win User

Windows 10 Storage Issue

I get a pop up explaining i need to free up space as updates cant be installed till i do

i do the usual, clean up temp files, delete browser history, cache, recycle bin

this doesn't seem to be enough so i go to storage see i have 1.17GB of space left, i then delete from Apps 3 or 4 big apps we dont use should potentially free up 10-15GB of space, i look at storage after this and its still 1.17GB space left and the updates still fail to update as there is no space still even though i cant find these apps anymore!

any help would be apopreciated

:)

Alan_1980, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Storage Issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Storage Issue

1. Windows 10 Storage Issue - Similar Threads - Storage Issue

2. How can I find out what is causing my storage issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I find out what is causing my storage issues?: I have been having storage issues for a while now. My C: drive is annoyingly small only 213GB and is apparently full of 'stuff'. When going through Windows storage settings, it says it is completely full and that I have 161GB of apps and features See pic 1 but when sorting...
  3. How can I find out what is causing my storage issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out what is causing my storage issues?: I have been having storage issues for a while now. My C: drive is annoyingly small only 213GB and is apparently full of 'stuff'. When going through Windows storage settings, it says it is completely full and that I have 161GB of apps and features See pic 1 but when sorting...
  4. How can I find out what is causing my storage issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Drive storage issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive storage issue: I received a notification telling me that I was out of storage on OneDrive Cloud on my personal account so I bought extra storage. I received an email from Microsoft confirming this and acknowledging the credit card used. However, I still keep seeing the icon at the bottom...
  6. One Drive storage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive storage issue: I received a notification telling me that I was out of storage on OneDrive Cloud on my personal account so I bought extra storage. I received an email from Microsoft confirming this and acknowledging the credit card used. However, I still keep seeing the icon at the bottom...
  7. One Drive storage issue

8. Windows 10 storage space caused issue

Windows 10 storage space caused issue: I installed Windows 10 on half of a 500 GB SSD and Linux on the other half. So my computer is still usable without windows working but I have some important work that is more difficult with Linux compatible tools only. I ran out of storage space on my windows partition. My pc...
  9. Windows 10 storage space caused issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 storage space caused issue: I installed Windows 10 on half of a 500 GB SSD and Linux on the other half. So my computer is still usable without windows working but I have some important work that is more difficult with Linux compatible tools only. I ran out of storage space on my windows partition. My pc...
  10. Windows 10 storage space caused issue

in Windows 10 Gaming