Windows 10: Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

Discus and support Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete my Downloads folder on a daily basis. Unfortunately Storage Sense does not do anything. I activated all relevant GPOs: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bent H Moeller, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

I want to delete my Downloads folder on a daily basis. Unfortunately Storage Sense does not do anything.

I activated all relevant GPOs:

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder c0770096-d2bb-4cca-adf2-2851121c53fa?upload=true.png

Taking a look into the Storage Sense settings everything is configured and looks fine:

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder 05ac9815-7349-46f6-9861-5e294b8cd435?upload=true.png

I also took a look into the Registry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\StorageSense":

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder f63d72ac-3223-4706-bcb7-67ec31a0381d?upload=true.png

However, there a still files older than one day in my Downloads folder and files from last year in my Recycle Bin. Running Storage Sense manually might seem to work but it does nothing automatically even though it should run at a daily basis.

Im running Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Bent H Moeller, Feb 10, 2020
  2. roy111 Win User

Specify when Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder for Current User in Settings

Hi, first of all let me thank you for the detailed tutorial.

There is one point that I do not find clear:

What do you mean with "Storage Sense can now turn itself on" ?

I see there is a switch that can turn on/off storage sense, my storage sense is now disabled

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder [​IMG]

what happen when I'll be low on spage, will files be removed, meaning that it will turn itself on and files will be removed even if the swictch is "disabled"?

Thanks.

roy111, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

1. Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Storage Sense does

2. Windows storage sense space cleared on every Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows storage sense space cleared on every Run: Hi Team, Do we have any options to fetch spaces cleared and last run time by storage sense apart from going to Windows settings and looking as we need to capture this details for group of machines More than 100K count....
  3. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  4. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  5. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  7. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder: I turned Storage Sense on a few weeks ago and set it to run every day. I also have Storage Sense set to delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more than 30 days.However, nothing seems to be getting deleted from my Downloads folder, even though I...
  8. Storage Sense does not delete files in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder: [ATTACH] Disk Cleanup Tool – The inbuilt tool that comes with Windows had always been used to reclaim space. It used to be handy even during regular usage or after Windows installation to delete those backup files. While the tool is [...] This post Disk Cleanup Tool &...
  10. Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10: How to: Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 How to Specify when Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Starting with Storage Sense option in Storage Settings to automatically get rid of the files you dont need to...