Windows 10: Windows 10 storage space arrray backup software

Discus and support Windows 10 storage space arrray backup software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 computer with a 4 drive storage space array. I need backup software to back up the storage space. I would like to have both bare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alene3, Aug 26, 2019.

1. alene3 Win User

Windows 10 storage space arrray backup software

I have Windows 10 computer with a 4 drive storage space array. I need backup software to back up the storage space. I would like to have both bare metal recovery capability and file and folder backup capability.

Would the internal windows image program (Backup and Restore Windows 7) be able to back up the storage space for bare metal recovery? Are you aware of any commercial, preferably free, software that would provide the functionality per the first paragraph?

I would appreciate any information you may have.

:)

alene3, Aug 26, 2019

2. Storage Space for Windows backup.

I wish to create a backup of my windows 10 Operating System, so that I can restore it in a case of a system failure. I wanted to know how much storage space would be needed for such a backup.

KetanPandey, Aug 26, 2019
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. Kursah Win User

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

If you want to backup to a standard format, Comodo allows it, and I'm sure the rest do as well.. even using 7z or ZIP. The problem you'll find is that they take up more space than proprietary formatting and in my experience take longer as well. I think you're trying to over-complicate something you want to be simple in all honesty man. No offense meant by that, but I feel you're trying too hard to minimize what you backup...what is the size of the data you want to backup?

As I said before, a system image is going to be the largest and easiest, I realize you want to narrow it down and you can do that with pretty much everything suggested here, including Windows Backup. If you were on Windows 8 or newer, it's backup is just a file-for-file backup and between that and shadow copies you'd be set. I really like it for quick and easy access without needing any image software (though Win8+ natively mounts and accesses ISO's). Plus it keeps track of changed files and backs them up using spare/idle resources. Maybe this is the answer you seek...

What's stopping you from upgrading to Windows 10?

Honestly something like Macrium works well even with it's proprietary format for image access, super easy to mount, like an ISO, but you gotta have Macrium installed of course...similar to the rest of these software packages...that's part of their catch. I feel what you ask for doesn't happen any more, it would ruin good marketing opportunities and probably cause infringement on managing backup images with other software...no bueno when bottom lines count.

Kursah, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 storage space arrray backup software - Similar Threads - storage space arrray

2. Software Storage Space Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Storage Space Suggestion: There should always be any forms of media and visual demonstrations shown posted on up on this type of site as well as on the types of sites for all of the types of techno companies existing in the world itself in general that actually work in the ways that this type does in...
  3. Software Storage Space Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Storage Space Suggestion: There should always be any forms of media and visual demonstrations shown posted on up on this type of site as well as on the types of sites for all of the types of techno companies existing in the world itself in general that actually work in the ways that this type does in...
  4. Can I keep my backups on Windows Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I keep my backups on Windows Storage Spaces?: Hi guys,I referred to this already here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-storage-space-vs-backupfilesystemsystem/367cf2c0-87f1-45bf-8e67-7dc724bcef93But since I had no other choice, I'm in fact using my Storage Spaces as a backup-holding...
  5. Windows Storage Spaces backup

Windows Storage Spaces backup: I'm running an 250 GB Ssd for the os and 2 4TB Hdd' s in a two way mirror with pool size set at 10TB didn't figure i would need more used for gaming and music mostly my question is , what size external Hdd would be ideal for backing up this size pool and some solid but...
  6. Unable to backup File History on Storage Space drive

Unable to backup File History on Storage Space drive: I’m trying to set up and use Windows 10 File History for the first time. I go into Control Panel, File History, then Select drive, but only my D: drive (an internal SSD) and 3x network shares (on external NAS) appear on the list of drives recognised by File History. It does...
  7. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  8. backup software windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backup software windows 10: I TRIED TO MAKE A BACKUP DRIVE -A ANSWER CAME YP DAYING I AM MISSING SOMEDRIVERS JUST WHAT HAPPENED I DO NOT KNOW-I NEED TO GET A COPY OF ALL THE SOFTWARE OR I WILL HAVE TO DO A COMPLETE REDOO AND THIS WILL TAKE ME A LONG TIME, ANY SUGGESTIONS...
  9. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...
  10. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...