Windows 10: Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access

Discus and support Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 14 days ago, I emptied the recycle bin that contained about 300 gb of files from my storage space drive. Right after, the drive disappeared from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hank2001, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Hank2001 Win User

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access

14 days ago, I emptied the recycle bin that contained about 300 gb of files from my storage space drive.

Right after, the drive disappeared from windows explorer.

The total drive is listed at 9TB but it is really 11.8tb. I am supposing used 8.5tb but I am not.

I tried drive optimization, it ran and completed normally but nothing.

it is showing an option to bring the drive online which I tried twice. Both times after it, I can see all the drives (6 in total) in Windows explorer but can't access them. After a few minutes, all 6 disappeared.

I did the DISM scan and restore and nothing.

Any thoughts??

:)

Hank2001, Mar 17, 2019
  2. ColMac Win User

Cannot access Storage Space

I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer.

Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated.

I now have the following situation. The 2 drives in the storage space are the ones shown as 931.5GB (or Disk 4 in the Management image). (it was originally set up as 10Tb but only 2 x 2tb physical disks initially)

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access [​IMG]

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access [​IMG]

Any suggestions as to whether I can correct this. Thanks

Colin

ColMac, Mar 17, 2019
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Storage Spaces Can't access - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Can't

2. Storage Spaces Can't Prepare Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Can't Prepare Drives: So I'm reformatting my old storage space drives, as I was getting a strange capacity error with them. I properly deleted the old storage pool and wiped the drives, but now when I go to recreate the storage pool, I get the following error message. I've tried both formatted and...
  3. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  4. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...
  5. Cannot access Storage Space

Cannot access Storage Space: I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer. Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated. I now have the following situation. The...
  6. Can't remove storage spaces drive

Can't remove storage spaces drive: Something happened to one of the drives on my storage spaces pool. I can no longer see the files, so I tried to remove the storage space. This operation fails with the error: "The disk structure is corrupted an unreadable". There are also similar NTFS errors in the event log....
  7. Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Space in Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to change the name, drive letter, and size of a storage space...
  8. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...
  9. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...
  10. Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Rename Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. When you create a new storage pool, it is named Storage pool by default. You may want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access storage spaces in windows 10\