Windows 10: Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002

Discus and support Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having upgraded my gaming rig I thought i'd use the old parts to upgrade my media server. My Media server is just a version of windows 10 sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Belcraig, May 14, 2019.

1. Belcraig Win User

Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002

Having upgraded my gaming rig I thought i'd use the old parts to upgrade my media server.

My Media server is just a version of windows 10 sharing files using storage spaces.

so I started a clean version on windows 10 (pro) and installed 3 hard drives and then set up a parity drive,

I started the process of (tidying) and transferring over the data from my old server into the new storage spaces. I got to the point where I had filled the capacity of my new storage spaces so I removed the hard drives (using the prepare for removal) in the old server and installed then in the new server and added them to the pool and waited for storages spaces to re-balance, having completed this successfully I went to start the transfer again for some more data but the storages spaces "space" hasn't increased. When I try to increase it windows eventually says that it failed to increase. the drives are not full ( 61.5% being the fullest) does anyone know how I can get the space increase again please so I can move the rest of my data

thanks for any help in advance

Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002 [​IMG]

:)

Belcraig, May 14, 2019
  2. AMGOMG Win User

Expanding Windows Storage Spaces

Not the same subject, one involves expanding a storage space, the other in resiliency and columns.

AMGOMG, May 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 14, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002 - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces expanding

2. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  3. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  4. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Raid 10, windows storage space error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raid 10, windows storage space error: HI,I built a "software" raid 10 using this howto :I had a power outage, and , I can't access it anymore...It seems not having any problems, expect I don't have the "disk" mounted in windows.I have a space alert, but no way to repair it from windows:Thanks a lot....
  6. Raid 10, windows storage space error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raid 10, windows storage space error: HI,I built a "software" raid 10 using this howto :I had a power outage, and , I can't access it anymore...It seems not having any problems, expect I don't have the "disk" mounted in windows.I have a space alert, but no way to repair it from windows:Thanks a lot....
  7. Expanding Storage Space

Expanding Storage Space: Connected to my desktop running Windows 10 Home 21H1, I have an external drive enclosure with four 3TB drives JBOD mode being used as a single storage space. The devices are setup in a "Two-way mirror" configuration with a total capacity of 5.45 TB 10.9 TB raw. The space is...
  8. Expanding Storage

Expanding Storage: So I had just recently purchased an 'HP Stream Laptop 14"' and I was given about 50GB on the computer itself. I know that to a lot of people this may seem like more than enough, it however doesn't allow me to download even 1/3 of the stuff I need. I came across the option to...
  9. Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002: Having upgraded my gaming rig I thought i'd use the old parts to upgrade my media server. My Media server is just a version of windows 10 sharing files using storage spaces. so I started a clean version on windows 10 (pro) and installed 3 hard drives and then set up a...
  10. Expanding Windows Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Expanding Windows Storage Spaces: Hello... I've recently added a couple of drives to my existing Storage Pool which is made up of the following drive sizes: 2x4TB 4x3TB The pool is set for parity. The total pool capacity showing is 18.1TB and currently using 8.27TB however when I check the drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage space 0000002 adding drive