Windows 10: Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Discus and support Windows 10 Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony P77, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Question;

Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I wrote a large group of files approximately 41 GB to the space to verify there wasn't an actual limitation. After all the files copied without issue I deleted them and noticed that the pool went from no capacity to 911 GB in use, the amount that was written and then deleted.

I have searched but not come across this issue in any internet searches. Perhaps I am not searching for the correct terminology?

Any suggestions for correcting the storage spaces error without affecting the data on the pool? The reason of concern is that the drive has a SoildWorks vault space and I would prefer not to delete it and have to recreate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

Anthony P77, Jun 10, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Improvements?

We just released a couple of new Storage Spaces features with the
    Windows 10 November update
    :

• Optimize drive usage to make the best use of all of your drives after adding drives
    • Safely remove a drive from a pool by automatically moving data off the drive and onto other drives in the pool.
    To make use of these features you'll have to install the
    Windows 10 November update.
    Our latest Help content briefly covers the new Storage Spaces functionality:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Cheers!

Jason Gerend - Senior Content Developer for Storage Spaces

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Storage Spaces

1. Windows 10 Storage Spaces - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces

2. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  3. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  4. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....
  6. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....
  7. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  8. Unable to increase size of storage space

Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  9. Laptop keeps running out of storage space even without doing anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop keeps running out of storage space even without doing anything: I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10 installed. It has a partitioned disk, and C:/ is a SSD disk and the one that keeps filling up with I don't know what. I haven't downloaded anything, in fact upon seeing such lack of space I've been trying to delete stuff. Yet even now as...
  10. Laptop keeps running out of storage space even without doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps running out of storage space even without doing anything: I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10 installed. It has a partitioned disk, and C:/ is a SSD disk and the one that keeps filling up with I don't know what. I haven't downloaded anything, in fact upon seeing such lack of space I've been trying to delete stuff. Yet even now as...