Windows 10: wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

Discus and support wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't understand why my WINRETOOLS (D) is always in the red. I have 1.98 gb used out of 2 gb which leaves me with 17 something mb. Why have I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardCantrell, Feb 6, 2019.

1. wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

I don't understand why my WINRETOOLS (D) is always in the red. I have 1.98 gb used out of 2 gb which leaves me with 17 something mb. Why have I almost filled this up? Am I putting too many things in it? and I don't even know what drive it is or what it is for. Ive got 678mb of system and reserve.

and 50 mb of documents and then 130GB of other.

:)

RichardCantrell, Feb 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2019
  4. wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

1. wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES - Similar Threads - STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

2. Windows 10 Storage Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Issue: Recently I have noticed that I have around 400 GB of storage in my apps but they count up to only about 10 GB which I have no idea why is happening, can somebody help me?...
  3. Windows 10 Storage Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Storage Issue: Recently I have noticed that I have around 400 GB of storage in my apps but they count up to only about 10 GB which I have no idea why is happening, can somebody help me?...
  4. Windows 10 Storage Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  6. Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect

Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect: Hi I'm getting the notification that my C drive is full I have a ThinkPad T570 with 512gb ssd. the C drive have 269gb. It is getting full for no reason, over a period of a few days it has been getting full without me downloading anything I went to take a look into the storage...
  7. Windows 10 Storage Issue

Windows 10 Storage Issue: I get a pop up explaining i need to free up space as updates cant be installed till i do i do the usual, clean up temp files, delete browser history, cache, recycle bin this doesn't seem to be enough so i go to storage see i have 1.17GB of space left, i then delete from...
  8. storage usage

storage usage: reserved storage usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-usage/c344f71c-b28a-4e6a-a287-5dede390fe4c"
  9. Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of...
  10. View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10: How to: View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 How to View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 Storage usage let's you see what's filling your local storage and free up some space on your PC. This tutorial will show you how to view the storage usage of your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES