Windows 10: Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD Fix

Discus and support Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD Fix in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ok, lets get this out of the way... Microsoft Windows Store is pure utter trash that needs to be replaced or improved. When i buy games in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by powerhousepr, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD Fix

Ok, lets get this out of the way...

Microsoft Windows Store is pure utter trash that needs to be replaced or improved.

When i buy games in the Windows store i like to install them on an external drive just like all my PC games. However the Windows Store doesnt seem to allow external drive installation unless the condition are perfect. By that i mean Unless your external drive is reformatted or has NO content on it.

i was using Windows 1903 but with so many glitches i went back to 1803 and this started to happened(Again). I had similar issues before when i had to re-install 1803 so this is NOT my first rodeo dealing with this Error codes on external drives...... BUT is does seems to always be a different solution since these error codes are randomly and make no sense.

The last time i had this problem my solution was under macOS. I hooked up my external HDD and did a Disk Clean Up(First Aid) under macOS in order for Windows 10 to accept the external HDD.

NOW that doesnt help at all...

i did everything, installed all the updates and security features and even resetting them to default options. I performed DiskCleanup multiple times on Windows, I did the Command Prompt scan under Administrator and NO PROBLEMS were found.

The Fix!

i plugged in an external Flashdrive that i have around with 128gb. I named the Flashdrive the same as my external HDD. I reformat the drive and once everything was deleted i set it up as the destination for my Apps to be saved. I downloaded a game to make sure everything is good....

it worked just as i expected....

So, i went back into macOS and transfer all the files and folders that Windows created on my Flashdrive and put them on my external HDD.

I go back to Windows 10 and once again try to set my external HDD as my default destination for Apps to be saved..... It worked!

No more error codes and my external HDD did not needed to be reformatted.

Sadly you WILL need a laptop running macOS to move these folders to another drive since Windows 10 doesnt give you permission to do it (Yes, its pathetic)

Windows Store is only crippled by Windows 10 inability to do things right..... Random error codes, not giving you permission to do things even when you are the Administrator, etc.

Hope this help others so you can enjoy Forza Horizon 4 and Gear of War until they FINALLY put them on Steam and free us from this nightmare.

:)

powerhousepr, Jul 6, 2019

2. Windows Store error code: 0x80073d0e not accepting external HDD

Hi powerhousepr,

To isolate the issue, may I know if you are getting the same error code when you try to move an app from the local SSD to the HDD? Also, do you mind sending a screenshot of the exact error so I can take a closer look?

Did you go through the following steps to change the default location to install new apps?

1. Go to Settings > System > Storage.
    2. Under Save locations, you’ll notice that the first option reads
      New apps will save to, from the drop-down menu, select the drive you want to use to install new apps.
    3. Click Apply to complete the task.

What about clearing and resetting the Windows Store cache? WSReset is a built-in program present in Windows 10 which can be used to clear and reset Windows
    Store cache. This utility will clear Windows Store and app cache files. Since it deletes all cache files of Windows Store, there are chances that it'll fix your Windows Store related problems. You may follow these steps:

1. Type cmd in the search box, right-click Command Prompt and select
      Run as administrator.
    2. Type: WSReset.exe
    3. Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Best regards.

Aileen Alf, Jul 6, 2019
  3. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 6, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD Fix

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD Fix

1. Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD Fix - Similar Threads - Store Erro Code

2. erro code 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    erro code 0x80070643: I tried some trouble shooting but nothings worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erro-code-0x80070643/9f01b992-fa75-48b5-bdbd-08ac13dfd9e6
  3. erro code 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erro code 0x80070643: I tried some trouble shooting but nothings worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erro-code-0x80070643/9f01b992-fa75-48b5-bdbd-08ac13dfd9e6
  4. Erro code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erro code 0xc0000185: i went to format my pc windos 10 before the formatting finished and turned it off when i turned it on again it had given this error. Recovery Your PC / device needs to be repaired A required device is not connected or cannot be accessed. Error code: 0xc0000185 You will need...
  5. Erro code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erro code 0xc0000185: i went to format my pc windos 10 before the formatting finished and turned it off when i turned it on again it had given this error. Recovery Your PC / device needs to be repaired A required device is not connected or cannot be accessed. Error code: 0xc0000185 You will need...
  6. Erro code 0xc0000185

7. erro code 70368744177664,2

erro code 70368744177664,2: crash once a week runing windows 10, don,t know update causing the problem? regads adam +System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID41 Version6 Level1 Task63 Opcode0 Keywords0x8000400000000002...
  8. Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store Erro Code on External HDD: Ok, lets get this out of the way... Microsoft Windows Store is pure utter trash that needs to be replaced or improved. When i buy games in the Windows store i like to install them on an external drive just like all my PC games. However the Windows Store doesnt seem to...
  9. Erro code 124

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Erro code 124: error code 124 says I am not connected to internet, I am connected and can not load Microsoft Solitaire collection which I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erro-code-124/e9df22a2-c7ce-4f41-aabe-8de812cd4236"
  10. erroe code 0x8050800c , fix the problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    erroe code 0x8050800c , fix the problem: I was scanning my Hp window 10 laptop and it is showing " An unexpected problem occurs. Install any available updates, and then try to start the program again." It is also showing error code 0x8050800c. Please help me to fix the problem....