Windows 10: Windows 10 Store Game Data/Progress Did Not Transfer Over With Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Store Game Data/Progress Did Not Transfer Over With Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased a Dell Inspiron about a year ago and it came with Windows 10 without a product key sticker on the laptop. I got a message saying my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Echo 3, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Echo 3 Win User

Windows 10 Store Game Data/Progress Did Not Transfer Over With Windows 10 Upgrade

I purchased a Dell Inspiron about a year ago and it came with Windows 10 without a product key sticker on the laptop. I got a message saying my Windows was going to stop being supported soon and to please upgrade so I purchased a product key and upgraded. When I went to relogin to my Windows Store game using my Microsoft account, my progress was reset to an unplayed account. After contacting the game, they said all my information is still there under my Microsoft account which I now cant seem to get access to being it was the one being used prior to the upgrade. I went into the security center and tried a fresh install of Windows to see if that would return the original Windows Store game-Microsoft link data but did not have any sucess. Can you tell me if there is a way to restore the original product key that this computer came with or somehow return the data the was associated with the Microsoft Account used in Windows Store games prior to the update?

:)

Echo 3, Apr 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Store Game Data/Progress Did Not Transfer Over With Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Store Game Data/Progress Did Not Transfer Over With Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Store Game Data

2. windows 10 transfer data to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 transfer data to new computer: Does Windows 10 have an easy transfer option to move data to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-transfer-data-to-new-computer/2df50892-c905-4e72-af14-6d10c38d2d82
  3. Transfer Data Window 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Data Window 10 Pro: how do i transfer my window 10 pro from old computer to new computer[Original Title: Window 10 pro] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-window-10-pro/9fc1b663-b2aa-4688-8a9a-bc051ec18f37
  4. Game Data Transfer

Game Data Transfer: I had to get a new PC and most everything transferred but the data on the Overdrive City game I was playing on the old computer. How do I get the data to transfer over without having to start from scratch?...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade, no progress for days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade, no progress for days: Ive recently decided to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 using the media creation tool. The upgrade started with no problems, restarting my pc and progressing on a blue screen that says "Installing Windows." After it restarted again back onto the same blue screen it has read...
  6. Transfering data to any drive - transfer progress window freezes, but transfer continues in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering data to any drive - transfer progress window freezes, but transfer continues in...: So sorry title may seem confusing. So lately I have been transferring files from my C drive to external drives, even other internal drives. The progress starts, then freezes around 2-10%. However, in actuality, the transfer continues like normal and I have to guess when it's...
  7. Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10

Data transfer over network extremely slow after update on windows 10: We are having a LAN with some computers with windows 10, some with windows 7. Recently after windows 10 computers have been updated with latest updates, data copy from other computers to Windows 10 has become extremely slow and it is practically not possible to work over...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device: Hi, I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke down and i got a replacement laptop from amazon. But i couldn't activate my windows 10 pro. When I called microsoft customer...
  9. Transferring a Windows 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Windows 10 upgrade?: So we bought a windows 10 pro upgrade through the microsoft store (the $99) for a laptop we got. But it turns out the Laptop is giving us a lot of issues so we are returning it and getting a new one. Am I able and How can I transfer this upgrade we got to the new laptop....
  10. Failed Windows 10 upgrade, where are data files stored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed Windows 10 upgrade, where are data files stored?: Hi, Trying to help out a friend who has lost all of his data after a Windows 10 upgrade failure (power was lost to the machine during upgrade). I am not trying to fix his machine, my main concern is to recover all of his data. I have removed the hard drive and have...