Windows 10: Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

Discus and support Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by master0cheaf117, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then imput my username and password. At which point is says i need to "set up my account with windows hello" so i click ok. Then it takes me to a screen with "Making sure it's you" at the top and says i need to imput a pin to verify it is me. This is where the problem is as ive never made a pin and none of the ones i do use get accepted in the offcance i did make a pin. Ive checked what others have told me to do and look at my sign in options in the settings menu, but it only gives the option of making the pin and not removing it. So as far as i can tell it is asking for a phantom pin number that doesn't exist anywhere ive been told to look.

Someone please help?

:)

master0cheaf117, Mar 12, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

1. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin - Similar Threads - store sign asking

2. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...: Hello,I'm trying to download and play minecraft however after purchasing this, it said that the installer isn't downloaded from the microsoft store - so I thought to myself okay easy solution lets go download it form the microsoft store this was not an easy solution. After...
  3. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...: Hello,I'm trying to download and play minecraft however after purchasing this, it said that the installer isn't downloaded from the microsoft store - so I thought to myself okay easy solution lets go download it form the microsoft store this was not an easy solution. After...
  4. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login to another account on Microsoft Store because it asks for a PIN that's non-existent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to another account on Microsoft Store because it asks for a PIN that's non-existent: Hi,I recently purchased Minecraft on a different account and was trying to run the installer when a problem notification popped up and it said that I wasn't logged into the right account, so I went onto the Microsoft Store and tried to switch accounts. Little did I know, when...
  6. Can't login to another account on Microsoft Store because it asks for a PIN that's non-existent

Can't login to another account on Microsoft Store because it asks for a PIN that's non-existent: Hi,I recently purchased Minecraft on a different account and was trying to run the installer when a problem notification popped up and it said that I wasn't logged into the right account, so I went onto the Microsoft Store and tried to switch accounts. Little did I know, when...
  7. Windows 10 sign in now asking for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sign in now asking for PIN: Hi. After a recent Windows 10 update my Lenovo laptop 64-bit is suddenly asking me to sign in with a PIN which I have never created instead of my usual password. I have read some solutions on how others have fixed this problem but none apply to my situation. There is no...
  8. Windows 10 sign in now asking for PIN

Windows 10 sign in now asking for PIN: Hi. After a recent Windows 10 update my Lenovo laptop 64-bit is suddenly asking me to sign in with a PIN which I have never created instead of my usual password. I have read some solutions on how others have fixed this problem but none apply to my situation. There is no...
  9. Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.: Good afternoon! I'm hoping you can help us out. A user in my company is experiencing issues with his Windows Hello function. He's being asked for a PIN every time he logs in to his PC using a standard password and claims he's never created a PIN. The request appears at...
  10. PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?: So I want to change my PIN, and when I tried to in settings, it said that the windows hello PIN was not available in this device. There is no mention of another pin throughout settings yet it still works to sign in. I tries to on the lock screen and said I forgot it, to try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 store asking for pin

2. windows store asking for pin