Windows 10: Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

Discus and support Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by master0cheaf117, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then imput my username and password. At which point is says i need to "set up my account with windows hello" so i click ok. Then it takes me to a screen with "Making sure it's you" at the top and says i need to imput a pin to verify it is me. This is where the problem is as ive never made a pin and none of the ones i do use get accepted in the offcance i did make a pin. Ive checked what others have told me to do and look at my sign in options in the settings menu, but it only gives the option of making the pin and not removing it. So as far as i can tell it is asking for a phantom pin number that doesn't exist anywhere ive been told to look.

Someone please help?

:)

master0cheaf117, Mar 12, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

1. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin - Similar Threads - store sign asking

2. Windows 10 reset and is asking for sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset and is asking for sign in: So I reset my laptop after wanting to clear it before giving it to my friend. I completed the reset and instead of windows starting up as brand new asking for me to create an account it just came to the sign in screen. I reset windows so their are not any accounts to sign in...
  3. Microsoft Account Sign-In Error: Asks for Windows store app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Sign-In Error: Asks for Windows store app: Hi, When I try to sign into my Microsoft account, I get the following prompt: [ATTACH] When I click "Yes", I get the following: [ATTACH] Running a sfc scan doesn't find any integrity violations. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Jason...
  4. The non-existing MSE is still updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updating: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...
  5. The non-existing MSE is still updateting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updateting: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...
  6. DependOnService refers to a non-existent service

in Windows 10 Customization
    DependOnService refers to a non-existent service: Hi, I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iagpio [DependOnService] = GPIOClx At the same time service database has...
  7. Asking for Password not Exist after Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking for Password not Exist after Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...
  8. Removing pin sign in windows 10

Removing pin sign in windows 10: Hi folks, Just installed windows 10 64 bit and I have set up a pin to sign in, though I would now prefer to go straight to desktop from boot, to save a little time. Is this possible I wonder and if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. Many...
  9. Help: Non-existent user displayed

Help: Non-existent user displayed: Hello, it's me again with a new problem. After a migration from a drive to another one (with Paragon) for one day all was OK. Yesterday I started to move the system folders (pictures, downloads, videos). The first mistake I think it was the NOT have created a photo...
  10. Non-Existent memory being used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Non-Existent memory being used: Okay, Well windows 10 is giving me crap. I have two memory slots, 1 is being used. It tells me that i'm using, like 2.0 GB out of 1.6GB. What? I disabled page-file for much faster speed, and it worked. But i'm not even using 1GB in memory, even when i plus all the memory used...