Windows 10: Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers

Discus and support Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have purchased around 20 laptops that I am using for a project, to use these computers in any meaningful way, S Modemust be turned off. Otherwise,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by zac666, Jul 30, 2020.

1. zac666 Win User

Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers

I have purchased around 20 laptops that I am using for a project, to use these computers in any meaningful way, S Modemust be turned off. Otherwise, the computers are absolutely worthless because you cannot install anything on them.

To switch out of S Mode, you have to have a Microsoft account. Cool, no problem, account created.

The problem I am now facing is that my Microsoft account only allows for me to have up to 10 devices. So now half of my computers are completely unusable.

How do I turn off this limit without creating another account? Why would Microsoft put a cap on how many devices you can use with account?

:)

zac666, Jul 30, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers - Similar Threads - Store let more

2. Randomly not letting me ativate my winodows 10 after more than a year of having it with my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly not letting me ativate my winodows 10 after more than a year of having it with my...: This is randomly just happening to me now. I can't download apps on the microsoft store because I allegadly dont have windows now. My pc came with windows already installed in it and its been fine for the longest time so whats the issue now? I provided images of what errors i...
  3. Randomly not letting me ativate my winodows 10 after more than a year of having it with my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Randomly not letting me ativate my winodows 10 after more than a year of having it with my...: This is randomly just happening to me now. I can't download apps on the microsoft store because I allegadly dont have windows now. My pc came with windows already installed in it and its been fine for the longest time so whats the issue now? I provided images of what errors i...
  4. Randomly not letting me ativate my winodows 10 after more than a year of having it with my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Mail app won't let me add more than one email account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app won't let me add more than one email account.: I am encountering a strange issue where the Mail app only lets me add one email account. When I try to add any other account after that, it gets stuck on the "Creating account" loading screen and never goes past that. I'm not sure what I should do to fix this. I've done...
  6. Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more: Heya Microsoft Community, some time ago I updated my Desktop Pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After some time problems started to come in. Firstly, Windows repeatedly wanted me to update, but when I tried to the updates failed, and all the solutions I could find from...
  7. Windows 10 Computer will not let me log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Computer will not let me log in: I do not know the exact cause of this, as it could be a virus or it could br thr most recent windows update or it could be that my drivers are too old. I boot up my computer and it seems normal but a few of the normal screens are not showing up, (for example the my...
  8. File explorer won't let me scroll a list for more than 10 seconds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer won't let me scroll a list for more than 10 seconds.: It's 2019. I have had Windows 10 before it publically came out. NO problem until a year ago: in File Explorer, when I am looking through a list, within 10seconds the cursor or scroll throws me back to the top of the list. I don't have the time to find what I'm looking for....
  9. Windows 10 Photos App Not Letting Me View More Than One Photo At A Time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos App Not Letting Me View More Than One Photo At A Time: Hi, I've never had this problem before. When I want to look at photos that I keep in a folder, it only lets me view one at a time unless I highlight all of them and press open or slideshow. This did not used to be a requirement. I used to be able to just click on a photo and...
  10. Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps: With the introduction of Windows 10, Microsoft is making some fundamental changes to how its software functions. Beyond bringing back the Start menu, Microsoft will also be making some significant changes to the way the Windows Store works. Currently, you can only buy...