Windows 10: Windows 10 Store Wont Install Apps to drive other than C: gives error

Discus and support Windows 10 Store Wont Install Apps to drive other than C: gives error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, i was wondering if someone could help *Sad i just bought GOW4 and instead of having it take up a bunch of room on my C drive, which is a 240 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Groggubus, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Groggubus Win User

Windows 10 Store Wont Install Apps to drive other than C: gives error

Hey, i was wondering if someone could help *Sad

i just bought GOW4 and instead of having it take up a bunch of room on my C drive, which is a 240 GB SSD, I wanna put it on my E: drive, for games.

However, it seems to have downloaded, but it keeps trying to download 47MB and errors out, 0x80070005. I can install apps to the C: drive and move them over to the e drive fine. But that's not a solution, I dont have room to install GOW4 and then move it :S

I hope someone can help me *Smile

:)

Groggubus, Oct 10, 2016

2. How to tell the windows store to install apps to a different drive in Windows 10

I have windows 10 and have gone into settings and set everything (pictures, music, apps, ext) to install to drive D. When I go to the windows store it still installs to drive C and that is a smaller drive. How do I get the windows store to install to a drive
    other than C If this is not possible my only option is to never purchase anything from the store again. It's a matter of choice.. no choice.. no buy.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RavenSoulHunter, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Cannot install to any drive but C:

EDIT:

Figured it out! I had an extFS program reinstalled for viewing my Linux partitions (Paragon EXTFS to be specific). I guess the app store didn't like it existing even though only my Windows drives were
    selected for installation directories. Uninstalled rebooted and apps are installing to my other drives!

ORIG POST:

Win 10 Pro

Ver 1703

Build 15063.540

I receive the following:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Slack.

in eventvwr when attempting to install any app to a drive other than C:

In the store app it just cycles endlessly between installing and download though nothing downloads).

I cannot install any large games as my C: drive doesn't have much free space.

If I install to C: then move to G: it works fine.

Have tried may of the various fixes posted around but this issue seems different and there isn't much detail to go on as the error is sparse on details.

AndrewConti, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Groggubus Win User

Just some more information, its ONLY the E: Drive that wont accept installs from windows store,(of anything, i tried a bunch of different free apps).

All my other harddrives (5) accept installs fine. So id say its definitely some kind of permission issue. trouble is, i dont know how to fix it.

Groggubus, Oct 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Store Wont Install Apps to drive other than C: gives error - Similar Threads - Store Wont Install

2. Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive: I need help my pc storage is all into my D: drive and yet your microsoft store wont let me change directory where he install file always on C: this is not a one time proble ive seen LOT and LOTS of post concerning this probleme and none of them worked for me why does...
  3. Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive: I need help my pc storage is all into my D: drive and yet your microsoft store wont let me change directory where he install file always on C: this is not a one time proble ive seen LOT and LOTS of post concerning this probleme and none of them worked for me why does...
  4. Microsoft store wont install anywhere other than C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.

Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.: I prefer to install Windows on a device other than the C: drive: to do this, I do some steps that complicate the installation. But this is not the main thing, the main thing is that I get the goal.However, as I noticed, there are some hardcoded places in Windows that are tied...
  6. Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.

Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.: I prefer to install Windows on a device other than the C: drive: to do this, I do some steps that complicate the installation. But this is not the main thing, the main thing is that I get the goal.However, as I noticed, there are some hardcoded places in Windows that are tied...
  7. Installing a windows app on another drive than C:

Installing a windows app on another drive than C:: Hello friends, I reinstall my windows and lost my previously installed games. Now I want to re-install Forza Horizon app but it only let me install it on C: which I don't have enough space on it. I have another hard drive as D: but it doesn't let me install it on that...
  8. Windows store apps won't install anywhere other than C:

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store apps won't install anywhere other than C:: I'm unable to install any apps at all from the Windows store. They all immediately say they can't download and will try again shortly. Through troubleshooting, I've discovered that they'll download without error if I select the C: drive as the location. I have numerous other...
  9. Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:

Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:: I have a small SSD that has windows installed, and a larger SSD and HDD that I use to store the majority of my programs/files. When I try to install a game like Sea of Thieves or Zoo Tycoon on any other drive than my C drive, it fails during the install step. I have tried...
  10. Install on another drive other than C?

Install on another drive other than C?: So i have the latest windows 10 version, but i cannot seem to install apps to any where except the C drive. And the option to change is disabled. See image attached. Why is it disabled? How do I get it to work ? I am on windows 10 pro if that matters. 33611