Windows 10: windows 10 strange after update issue

Discus and support windows 10 strange after update issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After second to last major update, i start my laptop, i am unable to click anything on my desktop including icons and start menu. I have to click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulCortes1, Sep 12, 2020.

1. windows 10 strange after update issue

After second to last major update, i start my laptop, i am unable to click anything on my desktop including icons and start menu. I have to click control alt delete and then click task manager. Once i do this i can then click items and open them. I need to do this every time i start up my computer. How do i fix this. Thank you.

:)

PaulCortes1, Sep 12, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown windows 10 strange after update issue :(

Zakin, Sep 12, 2020
  4. windows 10 strange after update issue

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 strange after update issue

1. windows 10 strange after update issue - Similar Threads - strange update issue

2. Strange Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Windows 10 issue: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 2004, and the updates are current as of tonight. Suddenly, when you click things on the Windows desktop, they do not respond. For example if I right click on her desktop, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows start button, I...
  3. Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update?: [ATTACH] My laptop has just updated and since then I have these characters / symbols instead of letters, how can I fix this problem? Ask for help. Merkwürdige Zeichen (?) nach Windows 10 Update?
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update - Strange Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Feature Update - Strange Upgrade Issues: Hiya Folks! Was wondering if anyone had came across the following issue when running Feature Updates (various versions of Windows 10 Enterprise up to 1909). I am looking at pushing updates out to a few thousand devices we have on our network via WSUS. The few I have tested...
  5. Strange Issue after windows update. please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Issue after windows update. please help.: Does anybody else had some strange issues on windows 10 after update? I have a workstation that has problems connecting on the share. but after restarting that workstation it works fine. The funny thing is that. when you do a restart in the middle of the day or shutdown. it...
  6. Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Networking access issue after Windows 10 updates: I'm on Win10 1903 and had finally gotten everything working correctly. However after a windows update a strange networking issue has show up. I have 3 PC's in my network and all had been able to connect to each one's user public folders. Now, PC1 is fine and can connect to...
  7. Windows 10 - BSOD and strange issues after adding ram

Windows 10 - BSOD and strange issues after adding ram: Hi, Hope someone can "shine" some light on astrange issue i am having here with RAM: My Pc Specs are: Motherboard: MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K Now i have currently 16GB (2 x 8GB) of G-Skill Ripjaw V DDR4 3200 i decided to add some more memory so...
  8. Strange windows 10 issues.

Strange windows 10 issues.: Everytime I try to do video streaming via crunchyroll there are some strange times that the video player will stop loading entirely. At first I thought it was the app entirely, but then after I close it, None of my apps will open, can't shut down/restart and only way I can is...
  9. Strange update issue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update issue...: Notwithstanding this is still beta, some strange stuff with updates... got this from a Defender update... [img] Then on reboot... it gave me the 'baby blue screen' with the usual " :( windows needs to restart... blah, blah" On restart all OK ... [img] Other...
  10. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...