Windows 10: Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?

Discus and support Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, Since yesterday my computer acts more and more strangely: - When a video is put in fullscreen either in a browser, like Youtube, or on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RShep33, Feb 24, 2020.

1. RShep33 Win User

Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?

Good morning,

Since yesterday my computer acts more and more strangely:

- When a video is put in fullscreen either in a browser, like Youtube, or on the desktop, like VLC, it automatically sets back to normal screen after a random period of time;
    - At some points, it is impossible to right click on items to get contextual menus;
    - Sometimes, task manager closes automatically after the opening. Sometimes it doesn't;
    - The start menu is sometimes inaccessible: when I click on it, it opens and closes instantly;
    - In the cmd shell, the text erase itself after a few characters.

I launched a Avast full-analysis, and a MalwareBytes analysis, and CCleaner - nothing has changed so far. I also tried to do an Avast analysis at launch of the computer, but it aborts instantly.

I'm about to reset the computer after saving all my files - though I'm asking here if anyone would have a less radical solution. I went online to try to find similar behaviors, but there is so many things happening that it is not obvious to know what to look for. Some forum posts link the task manager closing to a worm, some websites talk about the last Windows update that prevents stopping the computer.

I'm using Windows 10 with the last update.

Thanks for your help!

:)

RShep33, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?

strange behaviour of cortona

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?

1. Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus? - Similar Threads - strange behaviour Virus

2. Windows 10 Strange behaviour of shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Strange behaviour of shut down: [ATTACH] Hello. lately, can't tell exactly when that happened because i didnt pay attention but encounter this problem many times, even formatting Windows, that when i shut down the PC either by ALT+F4, or pressing on Windows logo and then shut down that even if it " shut...
  3. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  4. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  5. windows 10 1903 strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 1903 strange behaviour: Hi, This week my windows 10 behave strangely On my main laptop windows 10 all the sudden shutdown it self. - I check event viewer nothing out of ordinary, on application, security, setup and system - I download process explorer, nothing out of ordinary no strange...
  6. Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10: I'm not the best with the english language but I'll try my best to explain whats happening. Since december (last year) I've been noticed some strange things with my Windows in general and, also, some bizarre activations... The biggest doubt: is my Windows 10 being hacked...
  7. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...