Windows 10: Windows 10 Struggles

Discus and support Windows 10 Struggles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am looking to see if anyone else out here has to go through the same amount of hoops as I do, every time Windows 10 forces an update? Without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A_Snackbar, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Struggles

I am looking to see if anyone else out here has to go through the same amount of hoops as I do, every time Windows 10 forces an update?

Without fail, every update has caused me significant issue. The worst being an update freeze on the first day of my vacation this past Holidays which required a format and complete reinstall, losing everything. After today's update, a number of network dependent programs on my computer aren't functioning, sending outgoing packets but throttling incoming. I have a lot of work ahead of me this evening to reinstall it all and get the settings right. This happens every time I see that forced update notification when I am trying to turn my computer off.

I have been using Microsoft products since MS-DOS. The only one I haven't owned is Vista, I skipped that one. I am the typical user who loved MS-DOS, 3.1, 98, XP and 7. I am just really struggling with this one and the direction it's going with forced updates. Every time one of them rolls in and messes up my computer, I find myself revisiting these thoughts while I spend hours fixing programs which the updates have adversely affected. On a personal computer I have always elected to let others try these updates first so I can see how everything went and more often than not, wait for the update fix to roll out before I update. Microsoft has rarely gotten all the updates in a package right on the first go, though I have always been able to live with it because they come back and fix their mistakes.

Taking control away from the user in two large ways (One being whether or not you want an update or want to pick out parts of an update and the second, having no option to shut down instead of update) has really spoiled this otherwise fine-when-left-alone Operating System. As a result of these changes I really don't feel like I have purchased a copy of Windows anymore, I feel like I have purchased a rental agreement which can be altered and severed at any time by the renting authority without notice. I do expect a pop up one day telling me Windows 10 is being discontinued and I will need to purchase a copy of the new OS by X date if I wish to continue.

If this is the future of Microsoft products then I think my above-mentioned list of favorites will be done at Windows 7. I tried to submit feedback using the option "Make Windows Better, Submit Feedback" in the Settings page of my OS (So Microsoft could see it was coming from a legitimate, legitimately concerned customer) but unfortunately it told me I needed to go to the App Store to find and download an App that could handle opening that Hyperlink; if I was to see that through, I would include that process as a hindrance to providing feedback.

Are there other people out there who share these sentiments or am I on my own here?

:)

A_Snackbar, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Struggles

Delta6326, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Struggles

1. Windows 10 Struggles - Similar Threads - Struggles

2. Struggling to decrypt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to decrypt files: I have some important files which are encrypted on an external hard drive. I encrypted them while using an old work Microsoft account which I have temporary access to. I've signed into the account on my computer but the files are still encrypted. Any ideas? I have a short...
  3. Struggling to decrypt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Struggling to decrypt files: I have some important files which are encrypted on an external hard drive. I encrypted them while using an old work Microsoft account which I have temporary access to. I've signed into the account on my computer but the files are still encrypted. Any ideas? I have a short...
  4. I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...: Hello there! A few weeks ago, I was on my laptop trying to launch some applications, like Spotify, but no matter how many times I clicked, they would not open. I turned on and off my computer, but nothing changed. I thus tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app in...
  5. I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...

I have lost some apps including default ones and I'm struggling to get them back, what...: Hello there! A few weeks ago, I was on my laptop trying to launch some applications, like Spotify, but no matter how many times I clicked, they would not open. I turned on and off my computer, but nothing changed. I thus tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app in...
  6. Why is my high end computer struggling to run any YouTube videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my high end computer struggling to run any YouTube videos?: I've built a new machine. I've installed Windows 11 pro, new drivers, windows 11 has no new updates- I've updated all I can think of. My hardware is quite beefy:-Asus TRX50 SAGE wifi motherboard-AMD Threadripper 7960x-RTX 4090 ROG Strix-Fast Gen4 and Gen5 SSDs-4x rdimm 96gb...
  7. Why is my high end computer struggling to run any YouTube videos?

Why is my high end computer struggling to run any YouTube videos?: I've built a new machine. I've installed Windows 11 pro, new drivers, windows 11 has no new updates- I've updated all I can think of. My hardware is quite beefy:-Asus TRX50 SAGE wifi motherboard-AMD Threadripper 7960x-RTX 4090 ROG Strix-Fast Gen4 and Gen5 SSDs-4x rdimm 96gb...
  8. Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.: Hello. I recently purchased a new pc, and I decided to install Omen gaming hub on it as I used it on my laptop which was an Hp laptop, and I really liked how easy and effective it was to use. I've tried ccleaner, but I didn't like it, and preferred to use Omen hub as it was...
  9. Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.

Struggling to use internet after using OMEN gaming hub Optimizer.: Hello. I recently purchased a new pc, and I decided to install Omen gaming hub on it as I used it on my laptop which was an Hp laptop, and I really liked how easy and effective it was to use. I've tried ccleaner, but I didn't like it, and preferred to use Omen hub as it was...
  10. i'm struggling with installing windows 11

i'm struggling with installing windows 11: hey guys i wanted to upgrade windows from 10 to 11 and i downloaded the iso file from microsoft's official site but when i run the file in the picture it's running for 3 or 4 seconds sometimes 1s and stops running, by the way my lap top meets all requirements that windows 11...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows phone struggles

2. struggles from windows 10