Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 home edition. The computer has been running fine for a year and a half, after a clean install of Windows 10 not OEM.Now, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Collyer, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

I have Windows 10 home edition. The computer has been running fine for a year and a half, after a clean install of Windows 10 not OEM.Now, I get the login screen as usual. I log in and get a black screen occasionally with the desktop background flashing up, with the taskbar flickering. I cannot run anything or click on anything, The computer sound busy, and the blue 'busy' circle is constantly running.I can get up the task manager, which shows Werfault.exe stopping and starting every second or so, and I can access the troubleshooting screen via Ctrl/ clicking restart.Safe mode does not wor

:)

Mark Collyer, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Darshan J Win User

Stuck at the login screen, flickering

Hi Jenny,

Provide us with the below information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of you computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code flashing when the screen turns black?

This issue could be caused due to the outdate drivers on your computer updating the drivers may fix the problem for you.

If would suggest you to try using another mouse and check if you are able to login, if the keyboard is functioning fine you can use Tab key to navigate to different options on login screen to enter your password to sign in to your computer.

Suggest you to refer below article's for more help on query.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Taskbar flickering and black screen after login

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of taskbar flickering and blank screen after login. Please follow the below to fix it.

Fix #1

Step 1:

On the login screen click on Power icon on the right corner

Step 2:

Press Shift Key and press hold and then click Restart (This will restart the system in recovery mode)

Step 3:

In the recovery bluescreen options you’ll need to click (or tap) the Troubleshoot option

Step 4:

Click Advanced Options

Step 5:

Then click on Startup Repair

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

Flickering and Black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing at the Windows login screen.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message/code while login to the PC?

Meanwhile, we would recommend you to follow the suggestion from this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Troubleshoot screen flickering
    in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

1. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar - Similar Threads - stuck login black

2. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar: I have Windows 10 home edition. The computer has been running fine for a year and a half, after a clean install of Windows 10 not OEM.Now, I get the login screen as usual. I log in and get a black screen occasionally with the desktop background flashing up, with the taskbar...
  3. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar: I have Windows 10 home edition. The computer has been running fine for a year and a half, after a clean install of Windows 10 not OEM.Now, I get the login screen as usual. I log in and get a black screen occasionally with the desktop background flashing up, with the taskbar...
  4. Taskbar flickering and black screen after login

Taskbar flickering and black screen after login: After attempting to restart my PC last night, each time I start it up I am taken to login, but once I login i get a black screen and see the taskbar constantly flickering. I have seen others with this problem online, but when I attempt to safeboot I never see the menu to do...
  5. BLACK SCREEN WITH FLICKERING TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BLACK SCREEN WITH FLICKERING TASKBAR: As you have read the subject........ my PC is stuck in a black screen with a flickering taskbar. I have tried opening task manager using several methods but it would not open. I have tried to uninstall previous updates but still it did not work. When i try to keep it in...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login: As the title says - after I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar. This problems still exists even in safe mode i had to uninstall quality update in order to get the system running i don't know what the issue is. Also it says nvidia drivers not found i have...
  7. Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login: As the title says - after I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar. This problems still exists even in safe mode i had to uninstall quality update in order to get the system running i don't know what the issue is. Also it says nvvidia drivers not found i have...
  8. Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up

Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up: Help! A couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was working fine for 5 years before upgrading and was working until now. I've returned home after a week away to find that my PC wanted to update. After 2 hours, it was still stuck on a loading...
  9. Black screen with flickering taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with flickering taskbar Windows 10: I recently installed a new SSD on my ASUS laptop. To make my SSD as bootable i cloned my old HDD on to it using Kingston's cloning software. Everything is good until I login. Then all i see is a black screen with flickering taskbar. Even task manager is not working. I used...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login: After I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar and cursor with loading icon. I am not able to click anywhere and not able to access task manager. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and selected task manager but nothing happened. And same black screen and a flashing taskbar...