Windows 10: Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset

Discus and support Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, earlier today I did a full reset of my PC. It's still fairly new but I wanted to clear everything off and start fresh. I was expecting it to take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Molly1883, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Molly1883 Win User

Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset

So, earlier today I did a full reset of my PC. It's still fairly new but I wanted to clear everything off and start fresh. I was expecting it to take a few hours since I have 2TB but it's been about 16 now and it's still showing up as a black screen with my monitor saying "No Signal" as if the PC isn't putting out any display at all. Not even a windows loading screen or anything. I tried turning it off and on with the power button and the PC case itself lights up and it's audibly on but I still get nothing on my display. I don't know what to do since I can't access my curser at all. It's just sitting there like a vegetable sucking electricity out of the power socket but not giving me anything to work with.

Any advice at all would be much appreciated. My next step is to just unplug, let it cool down for an hour or so, and then see if I get some kind of display. I don't want to interrupt the reset unless absolutely necessary.

:)

Molly1883, Aug 10, 2019

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Resetting normally up to 25% and then Black screen.

Hi Maki,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "it needs more time or it stuck somehow", what is the current status of the issue? Is the computer still stuck at black screen or in process of resetting the computer?

If the computer in process of resetting, then I suggest you to wait for some time.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about black screen issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with black screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset

Kenneth Mon, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset

1. Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Stuck Black Screen

2. Factory Reset Stuck at 10%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Stuck at 10%: I started a factory reset on my HP Omen Laptop around 1:45 PM. The laptop has both a 128GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD. It has been stuck at 10% for close to 3 hours now. The HDD indicator is flickering, but rarely blinks fully on and off. Does that mean the HDD has frozen? What...
  3. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  4. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  5. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  6. Windows factory reset stuck

Windows factory reset stuck: Hi. I have decided to fully clear my system and reinstall windows using the refresh function. I started the process 20 hours ago, and it has been stuck at 32% for the last 10 hours. I have a quite powerful gaming laptop so it really surprised me how long it is taking. I...
  7. Windows 10 Boots to a Black Screen after an error during Factory Reset.

Windows 10 Boots to a Black Screen after an error during Factory Reset.: Hello! So last night I had tried resetting windows 10, when searching around as to why I got an error messaging trying to normally reset it, I had found out that I needed to use the re-installation disc that came with the PC due to it being custom built. While using the disc...
  8. Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset

Stuck on "Just a moment" after factory reset: A while back I had a problem with a program or driver that made my laptop freeze upon loading into the desktop, I couldnt find the problem and ended up just doing a factory reset after transfering my files to an external hard drive. Upon loading back into windows after the...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....: I have a Dell laptop Windows 8 upgraded to windows 10 about a year ago. I started having some issues with it so I decided to reset back to factory settings. When I turn it on a blue screen pops up saying, Hi there, lets get a few basic things out of the way. Asking for...
  10. PC stuck at black screen after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    PC stuck at black screen after reset: i did a full reset last night with the clean driver option, it was staying ar 99 percent for awhile last night so i went to sleep. this morning i woke up to it just stuck at being a black screen.i tried rebooting but it just goes back to a black screen after showing the blue...