Windows 10: Windows 10 Stuck at black screen with blue window after restoring from system backup image

Discus and support Windows 10 Stuck at black screen with blue window after restoring from system backup image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded the internal SSD on my Lenovo T460s with Windows 10. I got this PC from my university so it came preinstalled with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nyurons, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Nyurons Win User

Windows 10 Stuck at black screen with blue window after restoring from system backup image

Hello,

I recently upgraded the internal SSD on my Lenovo T460s with Windows 10. I got this PC from my university so it came preinstalled with applications. After SSD replacement, I connected my external hard drive containing my backup image and my USB recovery drive. I booted the PC UEFI boot since my image was UEFI bootable using the USB recovery drive and reimaged it. However, my PC is stuck at the black screen with the blue window after the spinning circle disappeared. I have waited for at least an hour. Please advise me on how I can fix this issue. I want to restore with all my files and applications.

I have tried the following.

1. Manually boot from SSD by going to Boot Menu after powering on the PC.

2. Manually boot from Windows Boot Manager

3. Turn off twice to enter automatic repair mode. I went to Troubleshoot, Advanced Options and Startup Repair but no luck.
    4. Resetting my PC did work but I have to download all my applications.
    5. I went to Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and System Restore using the same image backup but again same result/issue.
    6. Re-reimage from the backup image. Again, same result.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Nyurons, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10 Stuck at black screen with blue window after restoring from system backup image :)

Hendry, Jun 16, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Stuck at black screen with blue window after restoring from system backup image

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stuck at black screen with blue window after restoring from system backup image - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.: SUBTITLE: AOMEI appears not to work as I expected with Windows 10 Pro.++++++++++++++++++++The beauty of using the Backup and Restore app in the Windows 10 Home Control Panel is that you can restore your system image backup even when your PC won't boot.The key being the...
  3. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.: SUBTITLE: AOMEI appears not to work as I expected with Windows 10 Pro.++++++++++++++++++++The beauty of using the Backup and Restore app in the Windows 10 Home Control Panel is that you can restore your system image backup even when your PC won't boot.The key being the...
  4. Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network: I recently wiped my drives because of a BSOD, but I have a system image over my network that i have on my home server. I was wondering if it is possible to restore that system image from over the network after reinstalling windows 10? Also is it possible to reuse the windows...
  5. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  6. Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Backup System Image Stuck at 97%: I will make this as Short N' Sweet as possible. I like using the words, "Short N' Sweet". Anyways, for the past well-over 4 hours, creating a system image/windows backup has been stuck at 97% and I'm told it's natural to wait this prolonged amount of time. Although the backup...
  7. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  8. Restore from Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  9. Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup: Hi, I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command admin start backup -backuptarget:\\pc\a\tsb-image-file -include:C: -exclude:c:\users\3\box*,c:\users\3\onedrive,c:\users\3\music -allCritical -vsscopy...
  10. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore: Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated. 103241