Windows 10: Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct

Discus and support Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was trying to uninstall avast the other day, when I noticed that not all of avast's components were completely gone. I downloaded and attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bugg116, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Bugg116 Win User

Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct

I was trying to uninstall avast the other day, when I noticed that not all of avast's components were completely gone. I downloaded and attempted to begin to use the avastclear utility to uninstall it. Upon starting the application, I was told it needed to go to safemode. It went into safemode and I am stuck at the login in screen and it keeps saying my password (not using my pin) is incorrect. I went on my phone to Microsoft to reset my password, I did that and it still comes up as incorrect password. I also, noticed that I am unable to connect to my network from my Ethernet cable.

I have searched google like crazy for a way out of this but nothing upon nothing is working.

I have:

-Gone to troubleshooting, start up settings, f5 for network connection; No go. Still not able to access network.

-Have attempted to run through every other option such as restore point, recovery, and anything else that comes up on the blue page only to be told I need to enter my password, which always comes up incorrect.

-Attempted to use Offline NT Password & Registry, loaded it on to my flash drive but when I enter BIOS it doesn't show my usb drive

-Attempted to use Windows Password Recovery from PassFab, when I entered BIOS that did show up but since it was only a "free trial" it required me to pay to reset my password, which I did not do as I don't want to drop $40 without knowing if it will work.

I have run through every possible password I could think of, however, I have always used the same password for everything.

Is there a solution to this problem? I would really like back into my computer. I don't care if avast gets uninstalled at this point just want my computer back.

Also, wanted to note that when I boot up it brings up the blue screen saying "Choose a default operating system". It shows Windows 10 as current default but also gives the option of "Avast Ativirus Clear uninstall" as another operating system. I get stuck on the safemode login in screen no matter which I pick.

:)

Bugg116, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Bugg116 Win User

I was trying to uninstall avast the other day, when I noticed that not all of avast's components were completely gone. I downloaded and attempted to begin to use the avastclear utility to uninstall it. Upon starting the application, I was told it needed
    to go to safemode. It went into safemode and I am stuck at the login in screen and it keeps saying my password (not using my pin) is incorrect. I went on my phone to Microsoft to reset my password, I did that and it still comes up as incorrect password. I
    also, noticed that I am unable to connect to my network from my Ethernet cable.

I have searched google like crazy for a way out of this but nothing upon nothing is working.

I have:

-Gone to troubleshooting, start up settings, f5 for network connection; No go. Still not able to access network.

-Have attempted to run through every other option such as restore point, recovery, and anything else that comes up on the blue page only to be told I need to enter my password, which always comes up incorrect.

-Attempted to use Offline NT Password & Registry, loaded it on to my flash drive but when I enter BIOS it doesn't show my usb drive

-Attempted to use Windows Password Recovery from PassFab, when I entered BIOS that did show up but since it was only a "free trial" it required me to pay to reset my password, which I did not do as I don't want to drop $40 without knowing if it will work.

I have run through every possible password I could think of, however, I have always used the same password for everything.

Is there a solution to this problem? I would really like back into my computer. I don't care if avast gets uninstalled at this point just want my computer back.

Also, wanted to note that when I boot up it brings up the blue screen saying "Choose a default operating system". It shows Windows 10 as current default but also gives the option of "Avast Ativirus Clear uninstall" as another operating system. I get stuck
    on the safemode login in screen no matter which I pick.

Bugg116, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

When I enter safemode with networking through msconfig. After restart, when I enter my password in sign-in screen. It shows your password was incorrect. It shows password is incorrect even after 2 -3 times restart. I stuck here(safemode) sign in screen.
    I'm using local account. It does not how sign-in option. Just it keep asking my password. Even though it is correct.

nithyananthankrishnan, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct - Similar Threads - stuck safemode login

2. I'm stuck in safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck in safemode: I'm not sure how this happened by this had occured before in the past when I accidentally enabled it on system configuration > boot. This popped up again much later when I shutdown my laptop and in the morning it reappeared again. I had tried creating a temp account through...
  3. I'm stuck in safemode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck in safemode: I'm not sure how this happened by this had occured before in the past when I accidentally enabled it on system configuration > boot. This popped up again much later when I shutdown my laptop and in the morning it reappeared again. I had tried creating a temp account through...
  4. Login password in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login password in safemode: Hi all, Yesterday I had a keyboard error. Started the laptop in safe mode but was unaware that I would need to use my Microsoft password, rather than the usual login pin. I have no idea what that password is, I have tried everything I can think of but with no success. I...
  5. Can't login in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login in windows with correct password: Have tried everything, Shift + restart safe mode. Recovery and others ask for admin access , then tried to alow admin access with comand promt which doesn't work! Teling me again "You need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts...
  6. unable to login with correct password windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to login with correct password windows 10: Hi, Recently I bought lenovo IdeaPad 330S model. regularly updating the Microsoft software. After one of update, my login password not working, page stuck in aeroplane mode. Safe mode login tried several times, not useful. If I go to uninstall or restore or command prompt...
  7. Can't login with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login with correct password: I changed my admin password on 2020-3-17 midnight, I was still able to login with the new password in the morning at 6:45:52 image attached but I am unable to login with the new password anymore. I can only login with a guest account now. Where should I start to look for root...
  8. Can't login with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login with correct password: i restarted my PC to try and fix my printer as it wouldnt print. Now i cannot login. I type my correct password no luck. I type my correct PIN, no luck. Googled the problem and followed Microsoft advice to reset my password. I did this from my iPad and still cannot log in....
  9. Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password: I can't remember fully now but I was having a problem with setting up a schedule in Macrium Reflect, it kept failing to accept my Win 10 password. I went to 'netplwiz' thinking I could just login without a password but then after I rebooted I could only get to the win 10...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in Safe mode, Can't login with my correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck in Safe mode, Can't login with my correct password: So, I recently started having problems with the latest Nvidia graphics drivers, so i went to downgrade them until they sort out the issues, and upon restart of my PC I am in safe mode. It asks for a password, but I usually login with the 4 digit PIN. So, I go reset my...