Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck at user login screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 3 with Windows 10. Everything was fine yesterday, when I last used it. When I opened my laptop today, it first displayed the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JaspN, Jul 9, 2020.

1. JaspN Win User

Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?

I have a Surface Book 3 with Windows 10. Everything was fine yesterday, when I last used it. When I opened my laptop today, it first displayed the black loading screen with the windows icon, then cut to what would be the login screen, with my name and the white loading symbol underneath. I did not put in my password. No keys on the keyboard make anything happen. When I hold down the power button to pull up the “slide to shut down” option, the option is given to me, but it doesn’t do anything and instead returns to the loading screen. Please help, thanks!

:)

JaspN, Jul 9, 2020
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?

Stuck on Login Screen for Windows 10

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to Safe Mode from the link provided below and enable the in-built Administrator account by following the steps below:

To start system in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

(Applies to Windows 10)

To enable in-built Administrator account:

• Press “Windows key + R”, type “cmd” and press Enter.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

Once the account is enabled, login to the Administrator account and make the changes/delete (for) the Microsoft Account. After the changes are done, try to login with the Microsoft Account. After the issue is solved, need to disable the in-built Administrator
    Account by typing the below command in elevated command prompt.

“net user administrator /active:no” and press Enter.

To open elevated command prompt:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?

1. Windows 10 stuck at user login screen? - Similar Threads - stuck user login

2. Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen: I deleted some users on regedit and now my screen is glitching when I try to press spacebar to login. Anyone knows what to do thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stucked-on-login-screen/249bef7f-2cbe-4b29-950d-fc0e98bbeb3d
  3. Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen: I deleted some users on regedit and now my screen is glitching when I try to press spacebar to login. Anyone knows what to do thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stucked-on-login-screen/249bef7f-2cbe-4b29-950d-fc0e98bbeb3d
  4. Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 login screen stuck

Windows 10 login screen stuck: Hello,My school laptop a Dell latitude is stuck at the login page in windows 10. My school is closed but I need my laptop. How can I fix this? It doesn't say welcome it's just this loading symbol. But in safe mode it just boots right up....
  6. Windows 10 stuck on login screen

Windows 10 stuck on login screen: when i am in the welcome screen and i click ,the screen turns blur and i cant access the login screen.i tried removing my password using cmd but it says that windows folder doesnt exist in any drive.ctrl+alt+delete doesnt work,i also had a problem in which the screen turns...
  7. Windows 10 Stucked at Login Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Stucked at Login Screen: Hi everyone, To get right to the problem at hand: I ran SFC and it found problems and fixed them, but now I'm stuck at the Windows 10 login screen. I put my pin but it just reloads the login screen and it just asks for it again. No matter the login method, it just does the...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stuck at login screen: The awesome windows 10 stuck at login screen. Tried all the possible suggestions available on microsoft community and google. I was a happy windows 7 customer and on one fine day, there was a notification from Windows saying from Dec 2019, support to Windows 7 will be...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in login screen

Windows 10 stuck in login screen: When I boot my computer it automatically logs into the account ”Asministrator” and because it doesnt have a password, I cant safe boot or switch to another account. When that happens it puts me in the setup screen where it asks if I want my location to be shown or if I want...
  10. Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuck at login screen: As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter...