Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to reset my computer to tidy my hardrives. Everything important is saved on an external drive. Sadly, during the reset my laptop Asus FX553... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by edomane, Apr 28, 2020.

1. edomane Win User

Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset

I wanted to reset my computer to tidy my hardrives. Everything important is saved on an external drive.
    Sadly, during the reset my laptop Asus FX553 got stuck in an "boot-loop".
    It should be on the "Preparing Windows..."-Screen but it is constantly rebooting and only showing the screen for <1s.
    Any help?

Video: https://gph.is/g/aXWLloe

:)

edomane, Apr 28, 2020

2. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 28, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Ok, I was THIS close for throwing this god damn tablet outside on the concrete... I have ACER Iconia W4 820 tablet and yesterday it decided it will refuse to boot (the Windows 10 magic). It just displayed boot screen with those dots running around forever. Literally. I left it over night and you guessed it, in the morning it was still doing it. So, I forced reset it and it brought up the repair dialog where I've opted for Reset and deleted all my data clean.

All nice and well, it installed and when I get the screen "Hi there" where I pick my languages and time zone, click next and select bunch of privacy settings and complete that, it restarts and goes back to god damn language and timezone selection screen, every single bloody time. I've completed it like 10 times and it just loops like a total retard. Wanted to re-install windows clean from USB, wouldn't even boot, tried recovering original OS (Win8.1), it just skips it and loops the same language/timezone menu and the backup USB that I've made on day 1 is just plain ignored. I now have a tablet that has less functionality than a kitchen cutting board. What the fuck Microsoft, are you kidding me? And no, I don't have any intention to pay ACER to fix this shit Microsoft created. Damn it.

I've googled tons of "fix guides" and they all seem to mention that rather recent stupid update that caused boot looping, but my case seems to be slightly different because it's installation looping. I only got 1 result that mentioned installation and deletion of some keys via regedit, but it didn't fix anything. So, any other ideas?

RejZoR, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset - Similar Threads - stuck boot loop

2. Stuck in infinite boot loop after "Reset this PC" option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in infinite boot loop after "Reset this PC" option: I went into settings and pressed "reset this pc" and followed the prompts. I selected the option where it reinstalls Windows from cloud download. Everything went fine during the reset until I noticed it was in a loop:-the Lenovo logo appears-"Welcome" appears under the Lenovo...
  3. Stuck in infinite boot loop after "Reset this PC" option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in infinite boot loop after "Reset this PC" option: I went into settings and pressed "reset this pc" and followed the prompts. I selected the option where it reinstalls Windows from cloud download. Everything went fine during the reset until I noticed it was in a loop:-the Lenovo logo appears-"Welcome" appears under the Lenovo...
  4. Windows 10 is stuck in boot-loop even after factory reset !

Windows 10 is stuck in boot-loop even after factory reset !: Greetings and thank you to have clicked on my questionAs you can tell by the subject, I have got a terrible boot problem, which persists even after reset keeping my files.The story goes like this :I partitionned my SSD into D My files and C OS.I transferred all my files from...
  5. Windows 10 stuck in boot loop after reset and can't get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in boot loop after reset and can't get into BIOS: I reseted my PC and since then it is stuck in a boot loop. I want to try starting Windows from USB or a DVD but to do that i need to get into my BIOS. Unfortunately my BIOS is password restricted and i can not remember the password itself. Is there any way to remove the...
  6. Windows stuck in boot loop and cannot be reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop and cannot be reset: Hi all. I have an Asus Q504UA laptop that I keep updated and has been running fine until the other day. I noticed some slowness and saw there were two updates to install I didn't catch what they were but they appeared minor at the time so i restarted my machine to run them....
  7. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  8. laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10

laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10: i was handing off my old laptop and did a complete factory reset. afterwards it was stuck on 59% of installing windows for an extended period of time days and so despite instructions, i turned it off and back on hoping it would fix it. however after, now the hp logo shows a...
  9. After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.

After windows Reset, it's stuck in a loop.: Windows 10. Windows was frozen and locked me out so I had to restart the computer using hard shut down. Once it was back to login screen, I put in my password and it was spinning in the login screen and it loaded the desktop. I tried couple more times. I tried Safe Mode...
  10. Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset: Hi guys, I've created an another disk partition and copy the files I don' want to lose. Then using the Windows' Reset thing, I chose complete reset. (I don't know it's name is exactly complete reset, I use windows in another language, but I guess you got what i meant). And I...