Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Its abit late but I decided to try and upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using the upgrade feature. Unfortunately I've run into a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Euzio06, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade

Its abit late but I decided to try and upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using the upgrade feature. Unfortunately I've run into a problem.

Firstly though, during the upgrade process, it got stuck on 27% for a few hours. I had a power failure then and my PC was forced to reboot. Now after the reboot, it gets to the Windows 10 spinning logo, then jumps into a screen saying "Working on Updates". It hits 30% and immediately reboots. And this continues endlessly. I've tried entering safe mode by spamming the F8 key but there is no response.

I was hoping that after a few reboots it would jump into the troubleshoot feature but it doesn't. It simply just keeps rebooting.

Is there any way I can try and resolve this?

submitted by /u/Euzio06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Euzio06, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/450597e7-c3c6-4338-a2ac-88f90aaf0aef?auth=1

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Patricia.Guenot, Jun 25, 2020
  4. AS_95 Win User

Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Reboot in endless loop

I updated my HP Windows 10 Pro laptop with the recent Windows 10 Anniversary update. It was successful for the most part however the last update reboot went into an endless loop for more than 24 hours, so I have tried Shift+F8 at Power-on and the self repair
    has failed, the rollback to previous install has failed, now I am doing reinstall to factory setting while saving my data. It has also been in endless loop for more than 12 hours. Can someone please suggest a solution?

Also I had the same endless loop reboot problem on my Desktop upgrade, however I was able to overcome by aborting the reboot with Ctrl-C. I suspected that my Norton Antivirus may be keeping in the endless loop so I uninstalled it. My desktop issues is now
    resolved.

However the same Ctrl-C is not working on Laptop. Also my laptop does not have antivirus but Windows Defender, so it is not the same issue there. I suspect it is some driver that is not compatible, but I not sure how to override or rollback to previous install?

AS_95, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade

1. Windows 10 stuck in endless reboot loop on upgrade - Similar Threads - stuck endless reboot

2. Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop: After restarting pc after you-tube telling me audio issueI have forgotten the original password and resetting it on the pc is not an option as far as i can tell. Got stuck in endless reboot loop.I really would like to avoid wiping the pc as it has a lot...
  3. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not helping: I still get the code &...
  4. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not helping: I still get the code &...
  5. 0xc000021a - endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a - endless reboot loop: Hello, a problem has risen with my Windows 10 system laptop.I keep getting the stop code 0xc000021a AND I can't access the advanced options/settings. I've forced the computer to turn off at least thrice in a row while loading, but it's not happening: I still get the code &...
  6. Windows 10 Stuck in endless reboot loop

Windows 10 Stuck in endless reboot loop: My computer crashed tonight about 2 days after the last Windows 10 update and it is now stuck in an endless reboot cycle that cannot be fixed with any of the most common fixes. I was working on a group project when all 3 monitors went black and the computer restarted only for...
  7. Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC: I wanted to reset my windows PC with the Shift + Restart method, and everything seemed to be going well up until it came time to reinstall Windows 10. An error message kept popping up with something along the lines of”The computer restarted unexpectedly.” I went to website...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop: Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And what used to just happen once a month or so then became once a week, and now multiple times a day. If I'm not around to...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop

Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop: okay so a hot minute ago i let my sister mess around on my computer and when i tried to log in afterwards it was asking for a password when it never had before (i set it up with a pin and never anything else nor did i have another account on it). couldnt log in, took it to...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop stuck in Endless Loop

Windows 10 Laptop stuck in Endless Loop: The problem started when I got a message on my screen saying. 'Unknown Hard Error' at the top of the message box it smaller writing it said 'rundll32.exe' I looked up articles on how to fix this so I tried the scannow command in command prompt but it found no problems....