Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaMoore5, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And what used to just happen once a month or so then became once a week, and now multiple times a day.

If I'm not around to manually "reschedule" / "wait an hour" then Windows 10 will literally just power off, download and install updates, then at some point will *either* say something to the effect of "Windows could not finish installing latest updates, restoring previous version" or it will go through the entire process and make it seem as though it were successful--I'll even get a little popup in the bottom right task bar saying "Installed 7 of 7 updates."

However, without fail, regardless of which scenario happens, after 10 or so minutes I'll get the same popup in the bottom right but this time saying "7 updates available" and then the notorious blue notification screen that informs me Windows is ready to update.

Again, this is stuck on an endless loop and has been for almost a year. What in the world ia going on, and more importantly, how can I fix it? This is having serious negative consequences on my work and productivity.

:)

JoshuaMoore5, Oct 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop

Hello,

My name is Patricia and I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry for that problem.

Please try these suggestions.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-stuck...

Patricia.Guenot, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Windows 10 update problem - endless loop

I attempted to updated to Windows 10 on my Dell XPS laptop. It seemed to go okay but now I am stuck in an endless loop alternating between two errror messages. The first one says WDF_VIOLATION. The second one says NTFS_File_System. Does anyone have any
    suggestions?

Thank you

Audrey

AudreyMills, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

1. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop - Similar Threads - stuck endless update

2. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  3. Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop: After restarting pc after you-tube telling me audio issueI have forgotten the original password and resetting it on the pc is not an option as far as i can tell. Got stuck in endless reboot loop.I really would like to avoid wiping the pc as it has a lot...
  4. Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop: After restarting pc after you-tube telling me audio issueI have forgotten the original password and resetting it on the pc is not an option as far as i can tell. Got stuck in endless reboot loop.I really would like to avoid wiping the pc as it has a lot...
  5. Windows 10 Stuck In Endless repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 Stuck in endless reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stuck in endless reboot loop: My computer crashed tonight about 2 days after the last Windows 10 update and it is now stuck in an endless reboot cycle that cannot be fixed with any of the most common fixes. I was working on a group project when all 3 monitors went black and the computer restarted only for...
  7. Stuck in an endless boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in an endless boot loop.: Yesterday, instead of booting up, my computer got stuck in an endless boot loop. Everytime I try to boot it up, it shows this for a couple of seconds (sorry for blurry image, had to be quick.) Then, it restarts. After a couple of restarts, it goes into the "repair" screen....
  8. I'm stuck in an endless loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm stuck in an endless loop: So, my PC kept blue screening and I tried to reload it to an old backup but, it wouldn't work. So, I did a factory reset and completely cleared everything. I'm now stuck at the "why did my PC restart?" screen. Everytime I press next it says "just a moment" and then brings me...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop

Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop: okay so a hot minute ago i let my sister mess around on my computer and when i tried to log in afterwards it was asking for a password when it never had before (i set it up with a pin and never anything else nor did i have another account on it). couldnt log in, took it to...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop stuck in Endless Loop

Windows 10 Laptop stuck in Endless Loop: The problem started when I got a message on my screen saying. 'Unknown Hard Error' at the top of the message box it smaller writing it said 'rundll32.exe' I looked up articles on how to fix this so I tried the scannow command in command prompt but it found no problems....