Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi there, i have the windows surface pro laptop (2017) running windows 10. this afternoon i attempted to factory reset my laptop and this is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tateumc, Apr 10, 2019.

1. tateumc Win User

Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute

hi there,

i have the windows surface pro laptop (2017) running windows 10.

this afternoon i attempted to factory reset my laptop and this is what happened after the i confirmed id like to factory reset

- computer initiated the reset, finished wiping the computer and then went to reinstall windows 10

- computer loaded to the black windows screen saying "welcome" with the loading symbol

- error message popped up which read " the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot be proceed. to install windows click "ok" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation. "

- when i would press ok the error message would close and the pop up again, did it several times and it wouldnt stop popping up

- i then opened the command prompt and typed the cmd "regedit" which directed me into the registry editor and went to setup > status > childcompletion > setup > value data was 1 so i changed it to 3

- clicked ok and exited the editor, computer looked as if it was rebooting but then started flickering between the windows " welcome" loading black screen and then to a blue windows installation screen which was stuck at 64% and the computer has been constantly flipping back and forth between these two screens with no progress on either. unable to open cmd prompt or use the power button or do a restart with keyboard.

is there anyway for me to fix this issue ?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

:)

tateumc, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Cgebke Win User

Factory reset of windows 10 got stuck. Now in infinite loop

I updated to windows 10 yesterday from 8.1. Everything was working fine. I then decided to do a factory reset. Everything was going fine but it got stuck at 53% for 8 hours. I then hard reset the pc and now it is stuck in am infinite loop where it shoes
    the Dell logo (as it always did before going to windows) and then reseting. A very short 20 second loop.

I can get to bios and ran a diagnostic. It showed a X next to harddrive, everything else was good. I am currently making a boot disk to try that but am certain I will loose my authentication code. I have a Dell Inspiring 3520 i5 8GB ram. Any advice or help
    is greatly welcome as my computer is now useless. Thanks.

Cgebke, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Jan3d Win User
    update stuck in infinite loop

My computer automatically updated to Windows 10 from 7. Ever since, anytime an update comes through, it gets stuck in an infinite loop. It appears that a HP printer update is failing, but I don't know if that's what's causing the loop. How can I eliminate
    that update, to see if future updates will continue as they should?

Jan3d, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute

Factory reset of windows 10 got stuck. Now in infinite loop

I tried something in desperation.. just made and USB with W10 x32 and x64, formated again the OS partition and started to install W10. When prompted to write the serial for W10 i just ignored and continued the install. At end i had a clean W10 installed
    on my PC and also it is activated (even with no serial).

PS: My Mail App sync still didnt got resolved, but at least i have a clean install.

Viorel R Boanca, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute

1. Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute - Similar Threads - stuck infinite loop

2. infinite reboot loop after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite reboot loop after factory reset?: i tried to factory reset my pc and it keeps going from 68% to 89% and it does that infinitely is there any way to cancel it and just get it to roll back or something please help....
  3. infinite reboot loop after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite reboot loop after factory reset?: i tried to factory reset my pc and it keeps going from 68% to 89% and it does that infinitely is there any way to cancel it and just get it to roll back or something please help....
  4. Stuck in infinite BSOD loop after a crash during factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in infinite BSOD loop after a crash during factory reset: As title says, my laptop, an Acer Nitro 5, crashed during a factory reset reinstalling windows 10 and has since then been stuck in a BSOD loop where i can't even boot up in safe mode.I've been getting three errors and couldn't find a way to fix any of them, help would be much...
  5. Stuck in infinite BSOD loop after a crash during factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in infinite BSOD loop after a crash during factory reset: As title says, my laptop, an Acer Nitro 5, crashed during a factory reset reinstalling windows 10 and has since then been stuck in a BSOD loop where i can't even boot up in safe mode.I've been getting three errors and couldn't find a way to fix any of them, help would be much...
  6. Stuck in infinite BSOD loop after a crash during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  8. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  9. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....: I have a Dell laptop Windows 8 upgraded to windows 10 about a year ago. I started having some issues with it so I decided to reset back to factory settings. When I turn it on a blue screen pops up saying, Hi there, lets get a few basic things out of the way. Asking for...