Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing.

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my log in screen suddenly disappeared. and i am stuck in log in screen. i cannot longer open my PC because log in screen won't show nor the users and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kuroneko, Sep 12, 2016.

1. kuroneko Win User

Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing.

my log in screen suddenly disappeared. and i am stuck in log in screen. i cannot longer open my PC because log in screen won't show nor the users and password prompt. its just dimming in black.

Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing. [​IMG]

After i press enter or click or other keys its just dimming in black without user log in and password prompt. and i am stuck.

Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing. [​IMG]

i attempt to use windows recovery environment or shift + restart key but its not working. winRE not showing. its just normally restarted.
    i attempt using bootable USB Drive inserted then restart but nothing happen.

i think the best way for this is reformatting, but i dont know how because i cant log in in desktop and windowsRE are not working too.

im run out of ideas . any ideas to solve this prob? i really appreciate . or any ideas how to force format in lock screen ?
    thanks to who will response.

:)

kuroneko, Sep 12, 2016

2. Log in screen not showing up

I have used all the commands and it still does not work.i don' t have an extra keyboard. My mouse I have tried plugging in an extra one but it still does not work. I actually don't know if I have other ways to login into my computer enabled. But I have
    tried the trouble shooting and safe mode but it still does not work. Please does anyone have any solutions. I really need this laptop to work now. It is urgent

SalehaSayani, Sep 12, 2016
  3. Log in screen not showing up

Hi SalehaSayani,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem getting logged into your computer.

Do you have any other ways to log into your computer enabled? Can you tell me in all of your commands and tries, if you have used CTRL+ALT+Del to show the screen?

Also, just out of curiosity, if you have an extra keyboard or mouse lying around, have you plugged those into the laptop, to see if maybe those would work, in case the keyboard or track pad were not working on your laptop?

I look forward to speaking with you,

Danielle

DanielleFergus, Sep 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, as I understand this, you've already tried clicking on the power button on the second screenshot and tried SHIFT + restart to get to safe mode, but that doesn't work.

Yes, you could do a clean install, but you wouldn't start from the lock screen.

1. Do you have a full backup of everything on your PC?
    If not, make sure you have one. There are different ways to do that using a boot disk.
    Here's a good one:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    or you could use a disk imaging program's boot disk (e.g. Macrium Reflect - free) and back up everything.

2. We know nothing about your PC. Please could you complete your specs including your disks.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

3. When doing that, please specify Home/Pro and the build number (1511 or 1607 (anniversary)).

4. Do you have a Win 10 bootable medium? If not please can you create one.
    (See the Tutorial section here or search on line for how).

5. Using your Win 10 boot medium, try to access Safe Mode.
    How to Get to Safe Mode in Windows 10 - Windows - Windows 10
    See from
    On the other hand

6. History: Do you know what might have happened immediately before this problem occurred?

7. Do you have system restore enabled?
    If so, you can use the boot disk to try to use a restore point.

Please reply using the same headings.. easier to follow.. thanks!

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  5. kuroneko Win User
    Hello dalchina! i really appreciate your response and its works. I do "clean install" like you said.
    I was able to troubleshoot this prob by changing my boot option and perform clean install . by turning on my pc and immediately press f10 the BIOS will show and find the boot option. by the way my PC is HP and the BIOS button is f10, i dont know the other manufacturer BIOS button. after i press BIOS button , find the boot option and i change secure boot into disable and enable legacy boot.
    like i said i have Windows 10 bootable and inserted it on my PC while turning on and i immediately press ESC. you can create bootable USB drive by checking this link https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html . I was able to go to System Configuration , question will come like choose language , and after that you can see the USB Device categories press it and in there you can see your bootable USB drive and select it and it leads you to Windows 10 installation. I perform clean install and was able to format my PC. Check this link for clean installation http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...3-13b5f2cf7e44 .

Thanks so much for the idea !
    I was able to resolve my PC problem and able to reformat my PC. I dont have important files so its better to reformat it and have a fresh start again . LOL . Thanks so freaking much!

kuroneko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck in log in screen. log in screen is not showing. - Similar Threads - stuck log screen

2. Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen: I have tried reinstalling Windows, repairing startup, and safe mod but the issue still continues. My PC will most of the time display the login screen but some case gray screens....
  3. Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen: I have tried reinstalling Windows, repairing startup, and safe mod but the issue still continues. My PC will most of the time display the login screen but some case gray screens....
  4. Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in. Log in screen stuck: Cannot log in. Keyboard adding different characters as well. Windows Version 20h2 183479
  5. Stuck on log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on log in screen: I sat in front of my computer today only to power it on and find myself stuck in the log in screen. My mouse and key board are unresponsive only when I've reached this point. I've tried powering off the computer multiple times, I've run tests and nothing came from them. I'm...
  6. Stuck on Log In Screen

Stuck on Log In Screen: Using a Lenovo ThinkBook15 and keyboard is not responding on the login screen. I have also tried using an external USB keyboard to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login but nothing has been working. The login screen is also missing the button for accessibility options and the on screen...
  7. Stuck in blurry log in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in blurry log in screen: Hey all, Running into a issue with booting my laptop- it's stuck in a loop on the blurry log in screen and won't get to the point to where I can enter a password. Startup repair and system restore do not work, and I can't reset to a clean install of windows. Even trying to...
  8. Stuck on log in screen? Windows 10

Stuck on log in screen? Windows 10: So, when I power on my laptop, I am greeted by the welcome screen, as usual, but instead of displaying pictures of landscapes as it usually does, the screen is all blue. However, it still displays time, date, and so forth and seems to work like usual. Though when I press...
  9. Stuck at log-in screen (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at log-in screen (Windows 10): So I started my computer for the first time in a while and logged in using my pin and saw I had a bunch of updates that needed to take place so I got the updates and restarted my computer. So I tried logging in with my pin and it said my password was incorrect. I tried...
  10. Stuck on log in on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on log in on welcome screen: I upgraded win7 to win10, but the first win10 welcome screen is stalling after putting my password in. The cpu isn't doing much. Just a arrow cursor that moves with the mouse on the welcome screen. I have waited about 2 hrs. I pressed delete two times and the welcome screen...