Windows 10: windows 10 stuck in repair loop and wiped out data and programs

Discus and support windows 10 stuck in repair loop and wiped out data and programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It just happened yesterday , found blue screen with message that windows could not be repaired, after rebooting the system goes in a loop and keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RKALG16, Jul 8, 2020.

1. RKALG16 Win User

windows 10 stuck in repair loop and wiped out data and programs

It just happened yesterday , found blue screen with message that windows could not be repaired, after rebooting the system goes in a loop and keep displaying same think, the repair start as soon as the logo is displayed.

I managed to disable the auto recovery, but I could not get windows to start on safe mode or uninstall last update it shows that something went wrong message or restore the system to previous point no restore point found even i created few, i found also that windows 10 deleted my user account, I tried some suggested steps found in the forum but none of them worked.

Using CMD I found that I have the C/D/E/F drives and also the X drive I managed to get some data from D drive . the C drive has windows folder but empty, only the X drive that seems to have the windows folder. But I could not find anything in the program files or program files 86 folders, everything is gone my programs and my data saved previously on C drive or desktop or any document or picture folders.

It is FRUSTRATING to find an operating system like windows is not that reliable system did a check on my machine hardware all passed OK.

If anyone has any suggestion please let me know, I m not considering a clean re-install now.

:)

RKALG16, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 8, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 stuck in repair loop and wiped out data and programs - Similar Threads - stuck repair loop

2. Stuck in a windows 10 repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a windows 10 repair loop: Hey I’ve tried to do what many people have said on here yet none of them work, q couple other people have similar problems on here but are not the same. I am stuck on the repairing disk errors screen or the fixing screen it will switch between the two couple people have said...
  3. Stuck in a windows 10 repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a windows 10 repair loop: Hey I’ve tried to do what many people have said on here yet none of them work, q couple other people have similar problems on here but are not the same. I am stuck on the repairing disk errors screen or the fixing screen it will switch between the two couple people have said...
  4. Stuck in a windows 10 repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  6. Stuck on a repair loop

Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in "Repair Loop"

Windows 10 stuck in "Repair Loop": Hi All,I booted my pc and it started a repair process. I thought it was die to a botched update.I have tried the solutions listed at https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-on-windows-10/ On bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd it did pick up an OS on E, not...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in "Repair Loop"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck in "Repair Loop": Hi All,I booted my pc and it started a repair process. I thought it was die to a botched update.I have tried the solutions listed at https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-on-windows-10/ On bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd it did pick up an OS on E, not...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in "Repair Loop"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows 10 Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop, Hard drive Completely Wipe Out

Windows 10 Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop, Hard drive Completely Wipe Out: After a recent Windows 10 Update (I believe) I had some instability and my system crashed a few times and began doing a disk check each time, the last time, it went into Auto Repair Mode while I was in the Middle of Editing Photos and I've been in the Blue Screens of Death...