Windows 10: Windows 10 Stuck in repair or recovery mode - what to consider

Discus and support Windows 10 Stuck in repair or recovery mode - what to consider in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have battled with this for over 2weeks now and found that formatting the hard drive worked. It's harder than you think to do it windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonah61, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Jonah61 Win User

Windows 10 Stuck in repair or recovery mode - what to consider

Hi

I have battled with this for over 2weeks now and found that formatting the hard drive worked. It's harder than you think to do it windows 10 couldn't. So after watching various videos etc someone suggested looking at the disk manufacture's website. Eureka - it suggested using command mode 'diskpart' identifying the correct drive then cleaning it. This worked but obviously it wipped all the data apps etc drastic but it worked and I re-installed windows 10 home version from a USB flashdrive. I am not compute literate but have been driven to having a go in command mode. One video 'repair' technician said that the 'blue' screen is an information tool and this gave me confidence to go into command mode and try different 'routines' - I found if I put in the wrong command it told me - but be careful!

Jonah 61

:)

Jonah61, Feb 15, 2020
  2. sol_kiwi Win User

Stuck at Automatic repair mode while installing Windows Updates.

Still on preparing automatic repair

It is still stucking i can not even rebooth my windows

Can u help me to get into recovery options pls

sol_kiwi, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows stuck on auto repair

Hi Thomas,

Corrupted boot configuration data is one of the possible reasons why you are stuck on the preparing automatic repair screen. For us to assist you better, may we know if you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest you to try to boot
    your computer from the Windows 10 media and perform an Automatic repair from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). The Automatic repair can detect and resolve the issues that prevent the computer from starting normally.
    You may refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 ISO and create the installation media.

You can follow the steps below to perform Automatic repair on Windows 10 computer:

• Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer.
    • If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.
    • When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on Repair your computer
      to start the Windows Recovery Mode.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
      Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 15, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stuck in repair or recovery mode - what to consider - Similar Threads - Stuck repair recovery

2. Stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in recovery mode: I did a soft boot which locked me out of my pc so I went to recovery mode to reset my pc and fix it but then my pc crashed in the middle of it so every time I try to reset it says “there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made”....
  3. Stuck on Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Recovery Mode: I was trying to do a system restore on my PC because I couldn’t factory restart my pc and while that was happening I turned off my PC and now i’m stuck on recovery mode “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessedError code:...
  4. Stuck on Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Recovery Mode: I was trying to do a system restore on my PC because I couldn’t factory restart my pc and while that was happening I turned off my PC and now i’m stuck on recovery mode “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessedError code:...
  5. Stuck on Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 stuck in repair mode loop + password not working in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck in repair mode loop + password not working in recovery mode: Hello,2 days ago, Windows 10 installed a couple of updates on my Zotac CI660 PC through Windows Update.Yesterday, the first boot failed, but Windows went through the automatic repair process and then everything was working normally.Today, I also saw the automatic repair...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in repair mode loop + password not working in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck in repair mode loop + password not working in recovery mode: Hello,2 days ago, Windows 10 installed a couple of updates on my Zotac CI660 PC through Windows Update.Yesterday, the first boot failed, but Windows went through the automatic repair process and then everything was working normally.Today, I also saw the automatic repair...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in repair mode loop + password not working in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck in recovery mode: Hi All, I have a windows 10 Hp all in one pc. My Daughter did something when starting up pc and it went into recovery mode but i can't seem to get it out of it. it won't boot into safe mode I tried to reset the pc to keep files as there is photos stored there that we...
  10. WINDOWS 10 RECOVERY MODE STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 RECOVERY MODE STUCK: Hi! I am using windows 10Dell Inspiron 3467. Last night I installed some program on my laptop and the next day, my laptop suddenly hang and went blue background(not the usual blue screen of death). I used task manager to run a system recovery and until now I am stuck on...