Windows 10: Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Discus and support Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RS0421, Feb 17, 2019.

1. RS0421 Win User

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in my password for WiFi as Windows had run into an issue and needed to do some kind of update before it continued. This is where the problems (6-7 hours worth) began. I believe I entered in my WiFi credentials wrong. In any case it kept rebooting over and over and over and saying the same thing.

I found a tutorial online on how to create a booting USB and followed the instructions step by step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjmRWFepwxk

Now, I stick in my USB, shows the Windows Logo, the dots show up, and then nothing just stays put. Can't access or do anything else. I know I lost everything, but after running a diagnostic check the computer tells me that everything from the Hard Drive to the speakers are working 100% just can't finish my reinstall.

Can someone please help me? I really need my laptop for work.

:)

RS0421, Feb 17, 2019
  2. joe666666 Win User

Windows 10 stuck at Black Screen with Blue Windows Logo no spinning dots

Windows 10 stuck at Black Screen with Blue Windows Logo no spinning dots

joe666666, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Stuck on logo screen with spinning dots

This suggestion isn't helpful at all. If I can't even get past the boot screen with spinning dots there is no way to access the recommended steps.

I have two Windows 10 computers. This afternoon I left my backup desktop at a repair shop because the screen goes black after I log in. They've seen this with quite a few Windows 10 computers. This evening my primary computer (laptop) won't get past the
    Microsoft logo screen.

Ive been using Windows computers for over 20 years and never encountered this level of difficulty until Windows 10!

SandyMcMahon, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Windows 10 black screen spinning dots

I left my computer on overnight and apparently it did an update. I don't think it was the anniversary update, but I don't know for sure.

It's sitting with a black screen with the spinning dots. It doesn't respond to shift-ctl-del

I've tried rebooting (after holding the button down for 10 seconds) several times

and have tried to get into recovery mode by holding either F8, or Shift F8, or F4.

Each time I get the windows logo briefly (with spinning dots) and then it goes back to the empty black screen with spinning dots.

I don't have a recovery usb or media to boot from.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nashvilleguy, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

1. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning) - Similar Threads - Stuck Black Screen

2. Installer stuck on blue logo no spinning dots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installer stuck on blue logo no spinning dots.: Literally brand new computer ALL of the opponents are brand new except the gpu but that works and i just dont know whats going on, any tips guys? Btw heres my pc build submitted by /u/naldo29 [link] [comments]...
  3. Win10 Install Stuck on logo with no spinning dots

Win10 Install Stuck on logo with no spinning dots: Hi all, I'm trying to install Windows 10 from a bootable USB onto my new parts, but it just stays at the Windows logo with no spinning dots. I have left it overnight like this but it has remained on the same screen. I have used Media Creation Tool and my USB drive is...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on blue Windows logo with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on blue Windows logo with no spinning dots: Hello, I am experiencing a problem where if I go an extended amount of time without turning on my computer, the very next time I turn it on it will get stuck on the blue Windows logo with no spinning dots. I then turn it off and back on again, it boots up like normal. When...
  5. Installation stuck on boot screen with logo and no spinning dots

Installation stuck on boot screen with logo and no spinning dots: Hey guys. So, I've finally made the decision to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I know I'm a little bit late. I'm installing Windows 10 through the Media Creation Tool. Everything is fine and dandy until the laptop restarts during the installation process. I'm...
  6. windows 10 install stuck on windows logo/spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 install stuck on windows logo/spinning dots: I just bought computer parts and after start to install windows, it stuck on the windows logo after that spinning dots Rotated about two times. I changed my DVD three times and even tried windows 8 and 7 and USB installation. I had four ram and tried them one by one I...
  7. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  8. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  9. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots

Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I know there's many threads on this subject but none seem to answer it for me. System: i7 950 X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 16gb Ram GTX760. Pretty sure it's a Samsung 250gb SSD. So I upgraded W7 to W10 via iso. Install made it all the way. On reboot it's now suck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boots to two dots

2. two dots dot stuck