Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on boot black

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on boot black in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 along with windows 7 as a dual boot but windows 10 stucks during restart but now today I installed some apps and problem became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ASHUTOSHMAURYA, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 stuck on boot black

I installed windows 10 along with windows 7 as a dual boot but windows 10 stucks during restart but now today I installed some apps and problem became worse my pc gets stuck with blank screen without cursor after selecting Windows 10 from os selection menu. I have done reinstalling and nothing helped ?

:)

ASHUTOSHMAURYA, Oct 19, 2018
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10 stuck on boot black :)

Hendry, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there forever. Restarted it multiple times, same result. Sometimes the cursor shows up but its useless as its just the cursor. *Confused

Tried the following things.

• Tried CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for task manager but nothing came up.
    • Tried CTRL + ALT t+ DEL still nothing.
    • Went through recovery options then selected safe mode but, to my surprise, the same result.
    • Then used the chkdsk command through cmd in recovery options, didn't find any problem.
    • Ran the sfc /scannow command from boot, didn't found any integrity violations. *Shock

Any suggestions? I still have to try system restore though. *Think

NeptuneSpear, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 stuck on boot black

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on boot black

1. Windows 10 stuck on boot black - Similar Threads - stuck boot black

2. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.: Hey.I have come across an issue when trying to boot my PC onto windows 10. I tried disconnecting all the USB connections, downloaded a bootable media to "repair Windows 10", trying to boot through safe mood and nothing works. The screen comes up right after booting and my...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.: Hey.I have come across an issue when trying to boot my PC onto windows 10. I tried disconnecting all the USB connections, downloaded a bootable media to "repair Windows 10", trying to boot through safe mood and nothing works. The screen comes up right after booting and my...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on a black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows stuck in boot with a black glitched screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck in boot with a black glitched screen.: Hi Microsoft,im a user, a simple user who has a Dual Boot on Ubuntu No Problem with that and windows boot thing and one day suddenly my PC stopped booting into windows after a update, i thought a restart would fix it, which it did not. i am stuck in this screen craving for...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck On Black Screen Loading Circle Boot Loop.

Windows 10 Stuck On Black Screen Loading Circle Boot Loop.: my computer has been loading an hour now. and i've power offed this pc for 6 times now. and im still stuck in this screen. black screen with a loading circle. and i haven't gone pass the sign in screen. help would be very appreciated. also my pc was running before this...
  8. Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor

Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor: When I boot my computer, about 40% of the time, I get stuck on a black screen. I see the cursor there, spinning happily, but nothing happens. I see no activity on my SSD. It will just hang there. When I hit the power button, it goes into shutdown mode, but often I have to...
  9. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen forever ( no boot loop )

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen forever ( no boot loop ): [IMG]Hello, While im starting my computer i just face a black acreen but norhing else, no bios or anything. I dont think i have any problems with my monitor since i checked its cabals and its functionality and saw that there was not any problems with it. I also asked...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there...