Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was using my Asus F551M laptop 2.1 Ghz running Windows 10 one day and all of sudden it stalled. I restarted and then the problems started. Bootup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sweetsuzannah, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours

I was using my Asus F551M laptop 2.1 Ghz running Windows 10 one day and all of sudden it stalled. I restarted and then the problems started. Bootup took about 20 minutes and once back to desktop each keystroke took up to 5 mins to complete I quickly realized there was a problem and with each solution I tried it got progressively worse and worse. In no remembered order this is what I have tried. Ran CCleaner-only cookies found Ran MalwareBytes-same. With each restart the boot took longer and longer. Tried two different system restore points-both failed. Windows tried auto repair-failed. FINALLY booted to safemode and same issue present. Ran CCleaner again-nothing found. At first Task Manager would not even load but after lengthy waits it finally loaded but showed no running apps...NONE. After many many restarts and methods...Task Manager finally loaded after an interminable time and showed clocking at 100% CPU constantly. Unable to terminate ANY process. By this time the boot time was taking up to an hour and more. I have a recovery usb but by the time I got to the point of trying it I have never been able to boot successfully to the advanced settings to get to the BIOS to change boot mode. I have been trying for 4 hours now to get it to boot to desktop to get to Advanced Settings to try to do a reset but no go. HELP!!! I may not be able to answer your advanced questions but really would like any help possible to help this intermediate tech knowlegeable user get back online.

:)

sweetsuzannah, Apr 12, 2016
  2. ValerieY Win User

on hold for over 3 hours for a level 2 tech to help me

opppssss

error code 0xc0000225

ValerieY, Apr 12, 2016
  3. ValerieY Win User
    on hold for over 3 hours for a level 2 tech to help me

hello thank you for responding

i have toshiba satellite L7450 laptop

running windows 10. 1607

it wouldnt update anymore so i called microsoft, level 1 tech couldnt fix, scheduled to have level 2 tech tuesday,

as he was working on my laptop it was disconnected, didnt get reconnected or call back or email,

been trying ever since to get another on board.

after rebooting a blue screen came up while trying to load windows onstartup

unmountable boot volume error code 0x0000225

ValerieY, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours

Not being familiar with that Laptop, I looked it up on the web and found references to it having Windows 7 on it.
    So is Windows 10 the native OS on your Asus F551M or, did you upgrade it to Windows 10?

I'm just curious about the total age of the PC. Because there is a hard drive failure mode called "Slow Mode". That's where the hard drive does everything in super slow motion. If I had that PC here, I'd boot it up in DOS and then access the hard drive to see how it would respond. If the problem is in the drive itself, that would be easy to detect and if it were in Windows, likewise easy to detect.

If the problem is the drive itself, I would just replace it. If it's in Windows, then reinstall Windows.
    Every problem is fixable....it's just a question of What Is The Problem. ???
    You might want to take that Laptop to an experienced Computer Tech, who would have the tools to troubleshoot the problem and the experience to be able to fix it.

Good Luck,
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 12, 2016
  5. I'm having a similar problem with my daughter's Win 10 Lenovo laptop. She belatedly told me it was taking longer and longer to boot up. Now I just see a blue screen with spinning dots in a circle... for hours. I can get into BIOS, but other than change the boot order so I can boot off a CD, I can't really do anything. There is one restore point but it wouldn't restore. And I tried to boot from a repair CD but the system repair didn't work either.

I sure wish MS would have left the F8 safe mode option available. I can't boot up the desktop to set safe mode. That seems a pretty dumb option since it's been my experience that a misbehaving driver can be bypassed in safe mode. But if you can't boot up, you can't get into safe mode. SMH.

I don't know if my problem is the same as the OP's, but it sounds similar so I thought I'd join in here.

BTW, I believe her laptop started out as Win 8 x64 and was updated to Win10 x64 sometime last year.

My thoughts at this point are to remove the HD and save the data, then re-install the HD and re-install Win8x64 on it and do the Win 10 upgrade again.

speedlever, Apr 12, 2016
  6. I bought the laptop from my computer repair person approximately April 2015 with Windows 10 installed. I assume they availed themselves of the free upgrade at some point. To be honest I did not ask enough questions when I bought it as to manufacture date. When you say "boot into DOS mode? is that the same as safe mode? If so and I would be able to do that again how do you "access the hard drive to see how it would respond"? Do you mean simply going into This PC and choosing the hard drive? Only intermediately knowlegeable so thanks for any forbearance on possibly ignorant questions. The laptop is still in boot phase after 5 hours and continuing the boot process. Not quite to full laptop but still working on it. I am beginning to think that this problem is indeed beyond me and will need to return to computer repair but am using this as a learning experience to glean any knowledge possible.

sweetsuzannah, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours

1. Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours - Similar Threads - stuck bootup hours

2. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  3. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  4. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  7. System restore took over 3 hours

8. Updating my laptop from 1903 to 2004, and it’s stuck at this for over 3 hours. The...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating my laptop from 1903 to 2004, and it’s stuck at this for over 3 hours. The...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rpham2234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixbg23/updating_my_laptop_from_1903_to_2004_and_its/
  9. Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours: I guess I recieved the latest feature update but it seems to be hung up. Been a 30% for a few hours now and not seeing my drive activity light blinking. Maybe once per minute. My OS is installed on an SSD. How long does this usually take? submitted by /u/bass_to_your_chord...
  10. Update to Windows 10 1903 Stuck at 88% for 3 hours

Update to Windows 10 1903 Stuck at 88% for 3 hours: Again I have a machine that is stuck updating Windows. Stuck in a cul-de-sac. Going round and round. I know that it is hopeless to learn anything new from responses to this post. This is just one frustrated Windows user / admin. I am baffled by the inability to provide the...