Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...”

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...” in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kazyem1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh6n79/windows_10_stuck_on_fixing_stage_1/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kazyem1, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...”

/u/kazyem1, Jun 27, 2020

2. CHKDSK stuck at Stage 1

Hi,

The percentage stays the same and the screen is showing a message saying Fixing (CWindows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...” :) Stage 1: 0% (5683 of 619008); Total:0%; ETA: 401:42:09... By the way, I am running a laptop, (AMD A6) It has been 2 hours since it being stuck at 0% and it still is

Sarushan.V, Aug 6, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    CHKDSK stuck at Stage 1

Hi Sarushan

It is not really safe to stop Check Disk in Stages 1, 2 or 3, it is only safe to stop that in stage 4 or 5

How long has Check Disk been running and stuck at the same percentage?

Look at the hard drive light on your PC, is there a lot of hard drive activity, intermittent activity or no activity at all?

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...”

fixing disk stuck at stage 3 %99

Hi Arda

It is not safe to halt a Disk Check in Stages 1 - 3, you could brick your PC . . .

How long roughly has stage 3 been stuck at 99%, is that more than 1 hour?

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...”

1. Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...” - Similar Threads - stuck “fixing stage

2. Windows 10 stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3: My computer is stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00 .. What happened is a notification popped up and I clicked it, it said restart to fix drive errors so I did, after booting it up, it said press any key to skip disk checking and now it's stuck...
  3. Fixing C: Stage 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixing C: Stage 1: Today a notification on my laptop appeared saying “click here to restart” along with some sort of error message, I clicked as I didn’t want any issues with my pc and the admin prompt appeared asking for the admin password to run “microsoft fsavailux” after running this...
  4. fixing c: stage 1. it got thru the stage 1 process and now has been stuck in this loop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fixing c: stage 1. it got thru the stage 1 process and now has been stuck in this loop...: my computer was running slow last friday so i turned it off and turned it back on again. when i turned it on it said fixing c: stage 1. it got thru the stage 1 process and now has been stuck in this loop fixing c: stage 2 0% 3814 of 907852 total 28%; ETA 72:21:10 since sunday...
  5. Fixing C: Stage 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixing C: Stage 1: I updated my computer on Sunday. It restarted after the update but the log in screen would not boot up. It would not turn off so I removed the battery. After removing the battery I got the fixing C Stage 1. I let it run for 24 hours the first time but it was running the cycle...
  6. Fixing c: stage 1: error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixing c: stage 1: error: Hi I have this error in my laptop 3 years old from today morning. Fixing c: stage 1: 64% estimated time 9 hours The estimated time keeps increasing. The information on online is confusing. Some say to let it run forever others to abort immediately and boot from usb. I...
  7. CHKDSK stuck at Stage 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CHKDSK stuck at Stage 1: I was booting up my computer and then it was loading up with ETA 329.17.50. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-stuck-at-stage-1/9495b43d-24e8-4150-940f-f3aaf7e02095
  8. Fixing D: stage 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing D: stage 1: I was using my computer one day and at first, the computer was suprisingly lagging and then the blue error and restart page popped up. After that was done, my computer shut off. I tried opening it and then the "fixing D: stage 1 appeared. I kind of panicked and i...
  9. Stuck at Fixing D Stage 1

Stuck at Fixing D Stage 1: Hi I bought Hard SSD M.2 and put it in the computer . In addition to the old hard HDD it contains system and my files , I tried to recovery the system and all files from HDD to the SSD by Macrium Reflect program , when the recovery started the computer stopped suddenly ,...
  10. Fixing D: Stage 1

Fixing D: Stage 1: [IMG] Basically last night my laptop hang..and i dont want to wait because i need to go to work so i decided to force shut down by pressing the power button. When I turn it on back this problem occur...im quiet shock because the ETA is about 24hrs +++. So i wait until it...