Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on install

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Went ahead and accepted the W10 install this morning on my fully activated Win8.1 machine. During the install and first reboot, the 4 window flag came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meebers, Jun 7, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

Windows 10 stuck on install

Went ahead and accepted the W10 install this morning on my fully activated Win8.1 machine. During the install and first reboot, the 4 window flag came up and the 5 turning dots went around twice and stopped, no SSD activity. At this point, I am stuck, no means to go back etc. Several reboots and same problem.

Just added a shot of the drive contents. (showing as E: on my win7 machine) To early in the process to have created an install.esd.

NAVY: Not sure if I restored, that this same thing might happen again??? So think I will try one of the latest iso's and go from there.

:)

meebers, Jun 7, 2016

2. About Windows 10

First at all i bought a laptop for my wife with freedos version. I am getting informations from the guys in the store i can get windows 10 for free because i am a person with loss of hearing and my wife too. I dont know where i can ask for those informations
    but i will be grateful if i can get some advices about that. Thank u.

Many regards

Windows 10 stuck on loading loop, Jun 7, 2016
  3. donut man Win User
    windows 10 upgrade

what happens if every number in the windows 10 upgrade is stuck in windows upgrade assistant it stuck in installing

donut man, Jun 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried restoring your backup image you made before accepting the Windows 10 upgrade?

NavyLCDR, Jun 7, 2016
  5. meebers Win User
    Added some more "stuff" to original post, if that matters.

meebers, Jun 7, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would restore the old Windows 8.1. Run SFC /SCANNOW . Uninstall any anti-virus/anti-malware programs and try the upgrade again using an ISO file downloaded from Microsoft instead of Windows Update.

NavyLCDR, Jun 7, 2016
  7. meebers Win User
    Decided to try the clean .iso and about half way thru installing, got a message .." there is a previous installation in progress, remove the media, and select YES to continue" resulted in the same stuck position. Next go around, choose NO, "reverting back to previous install" which failed. Currently wiping a new SSD, will try the MS iso. No traces of anything previous connected to computer at the present. tx

meebers, Jun 7, 2016
  8. meebers Win User

Late into the night, cleaned every thing and started fresh once again. This time I D/L the Media creation tool on my W7 machine. The GWX monitor went ballistic!, wrote it to DVD and installed without issue on the W10 machine. Was not activated until I put my W8.1 key in and appears I am back to normal with a new MB. Also, deleted the tool and W7 GWX is happy again... This should have been a simple install, which I have done many many times, but this one wanted to be difficult. Windows 10 stuck on install :) Tx for help along the way.

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck on install - Similar Threads - stuck install

2. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  3. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  4. Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.: We wanted to update our Xiaomi laptop running win10. But there was no option in the update sector. We found an win11 install app. I think it was officiall. We let it run and on halfway we connected the charger. But then it started up in Winre mode and won't boot up normally!...
  5. Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.

Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.: We wanted to update our Xiaomi laptop running win10. But there was no option in the update sector. We found an win11 install app. I think it was officiall. We let it run and on halfway we connected the charger. But then it started up in Winre mode and won't boot up normally!...
  6. windows 11 23h2 installation stuck at 27% in getting updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23h2 installation stuck at 27% in getting updates: i've been trying to install windows 11 on my laptop and each time it always gets stuck at 27% in the getting updates: checking for updates part.i have tried the windows update troubleshooter, and i have also used the net stop & net start method for wuauserv, cryptsvc, bits...
  7. windows 11 23h2 installation stuck at 27% in getting updates

windows 11 23h2 installation stuck at 27% in getting updates: i've been trying to install windows 11 on my laptop and each time it always gets stuck at 27% in the getting updates: checking for updates part.i have tried the windows update troubleshooter, and i have also used the net stop & net start method for wuauserv, cryptsvc, bits...
  8. Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%: So, I want to downgrade from win 11 to 10 and I installed the windows 10 media creation tool and run it. I selected the option "Upgrade current computer" I dont really remember exactly how its called but its sth like that. The installation started and I was hyped. But at some...
  9. Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%

Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%: So, I want to downgrade from win 11 to 10 and I installed the windows 10 media creation tool and run it. I selected the option "Upgrade current computer" I dont really remember exactly how its called but its sth like that. The installation started and I was hyped. But at some...
  10. My installation of windows is stuck at 31%

My installation of windows is stuck at 31%: My installation of windows is stuck at 31% I am trying with the setup on computer two times and leave the computer overnight but still stuck there and two times with two usb but still stuck...