Windows 10: Windows 10 - Stuck on loading screen (no spinning dots, left) - one in two time

Discus and support Windows 10 - Stuck on loading screen (no spinning dots, left) - one in two time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Dear community, Since Windows 10 recently updated to the 18362 version on my computer, I get stuck on loading screen when I boot. More precisely, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Yong Eric, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Yong Eric Win User

Windows 10 - Stuck on loading screen (no spinning dots, left) - one in two time

Dear community,

Since Windows 10 recently updated to the 18362 version on my computer, I get stuck on loading screen when I boot. More precisely, it get stucks on the loading screen with the logo only after the spinning dots finish.

I tried some things to fix it but nothing worked (on a long term) :

- I made a hard reboot (press the power button until it shut down, and boot after 10s) => the loading screen processes normally and the system is not stuck : GREAT !
    But then, when I shut down the computer normally and I start it, the loading screen got stuck again... To sum up Windows launch correctly one every two times, only by hard reboot.

- I also tried to restart normally several times in a row (via UI) when it booted correctly, and it worked perfectly (no stuck on loading screen)

- When it's stuck, I tried to wait for 30mn, nothing happend (I still have the internet connection)

- I tried to use the "Advanced startup", by trying "Startup Repair", but it said that no correction were applied. When I look at the logs, C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt, everything is OK.

I am done doing hard reboot every time, is there any solution to this problem ? What could be the causes ?

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day!

:)

Yong Eric, Sep 26, 2019
  2. reyzac Win User

Windows 10 stuck in loading screen with spinning dots

Hi,

Windows 10 is stuck in loading screen. Here are the things that happened before it became like that:

• I noticed that my Dell laptop is lagging so much even after restart so I checked the Task Manager and noticed that the Disk is at 100%.
    • Found out that Avast premiere is causing the Disk to be at 100% so I End Task it
    • Triggered CHKDSK upon startup in order to check if Disk is fine.
    • Upon startup Check Disk ran but it is stuck at 12% even after almost 2 hours of waiting. So need to hard reboot. This persisted around 3 times
    • Upon reboot Dell Diagnostics automatically kicked in since it detected that the system was not shut down properly. Result is that no problems found.
    • After Dell Diagnostics, the system rebooted and now is stuck to the loading screen with the spinning dots.

Solutions that I tried:

• Used Media Installation Tool to do Startup repair. But result is that the Automatic startup repair cannot resolve the issue.
    • Performed system restore to earlier date. The restore was successful but I am still stuck at the loading screen with spinning dots upon reboot.
    • Startup Settings does not show in the Troubleshoot menu so activated the F8 to trigger safe mode. Upon selection of Safemode with network the system reboots and gets stuck in Dell logo screen.

Please advise. If possible I want to avoid losing my files.

Thanks!

reyzac, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Stuck on logo screen with spinning dots

This suggestion isn't helpful at all. If I can't even get past the boot screen with spinning dots there is no way to access the recommended steps.

I have two Windows 10 computers. This afternoon I left my backup desktop at a repair shop because the screen goes black after I log in. They've seen this with quite a few Windows 10 computers. This evening my primary computer (laptop) won't get past the
    Microsoft logo screen.

Ive been using Windows computers for over 20 years and never encountered this level of difficulty until Windows 10!

SandyMcMahon, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Stuck on loading screen (no spinning dots, left) - one in two time

Windows 10 boot stuck at blue screen w/ spinning dots after successful install

I installed Windows 10 successfully on my computer through the update program and everything went smoothly. After the computer was shut down, it would not reboot. It is currently stuck on a blue screen with white spinning dots. It says to please wait for
    a moment before that goes away and I'm left with just the dots. Any suggestions?

NickBennick, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Stuck on loading screen (no spinning dots, left) - one in two time

1. Windows 10 - Stuck on loading screen (no spinning dots, left) - one in two time - Similar Threads - Stuck loading screen

2. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots: Hi!I have an old laptop, which is pretty useless.Then I thought - is it possible to install Windows 10 on it?I tried just regular USB and DVD, it just didn't boot in the setup.On the virtual machine on the same computer Windows 10 works.Also, the Symantec Ghost helped me.I...
  3. Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots: I turned it on and scanned my fingerprint, and now it’s just loading eternally. Closing the lid turns the screen off, but when I wake it back up, it’s still loading. It doesn’t even respond to the power button or any combination with the escape buttons. The computer is a...
  4. Windows 10 freezes at loading screen with dots spinning in a circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes at loading screen with dots spinning in a circle: Hello. My Windows 10 have stopped going past the load screen and instead freezes on the dots spinning in a circle. What I have tried so far is 1 In safe mode - disabling all auto start up programs 2 Reinstalling windows twice 3 Disconnecting all USB such as keyboard and...
  5. Windows stuck on spinning dots

Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  6. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year). Here’s how the problem started: 1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck on blue screen with spinning white dots

Windows 10 Stuck on blue screen with spinning white dots: I've already tried resetting windows with a successful reinstallation but I cant get to the log in screen. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing. My boot order is set to default. And for some reason I never have the option to run windows in safe mode. I recently had a power outage while...
  8. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning): Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in my password for WiFi as Windows had run into an issue and needed to do some kind of update before it continued. This is where...
  9. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  10. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...