Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Streetkilln, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login

Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the keyboard, or when i log in it would go to a blackscreen but still see the mouse. It would be there for 10 minutes then load my deskstop.

This have never happened the first time i installed windows 10

:)

Streetkilln, Sep 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 takes forever to bring up sign-in screen

To the specific case (in SVT13 Sony Vaio ) where it takes extremely long time to show login menu, typically 10 minutes for login screen to appear, just left click and drag from bottom of the screen, the login appeared magically.

AjayVijayasarathy, Sep 10, 2015
  3. HelpWin10 Win User
    Windows 10 first login takes very long time (at school)

Hello,

Our computers are running Windows 10 with Server domain, but we have a problem. When teachers or students login for the first time, it takes verylong time to login and some time it gets stuck on the first setup with freindly message screen (e.g
    "Hi, Were happy you're here"). I had contacted an admin about it and they said they could not find the problem.

We upgraded our machines to WIndows 10 via network boot and we had fully wiped the HDD before install Windows 10. After installation, it will login as an admin, and execute some batch scripts to install softwares and then it logs out after it finished setup.
    When teacher login with their domain account for the first time (not new user), it takes some time, but i had got some complains from teachers that it took longer time or gets stuck on the first login welcome screen thing. When they login on the same computer
    at the second time, it took 10-15 to login as always

At another school, my techinal guy just told me that they have the same problem about first setup with freindly message screen taking long time, and he recommended me not to upgrade workstations to Windows 10, so i will keep all workstations running Windows

Nothing are cleared after logout. Appdata and programdata will not be saved into the server. Only personal documents are shared and offline mode is disabled

At my education, they have removed all pre-installed modern apps from Windows 8 so there are 2 apps left, and we never had any problem with the first time login.

So the problem is the modern apps that are installing for each users?

Is it possible to make a script that bypass the friendly message screen and skip all useless modern apps setup?

HelpWin10, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login

1. Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login - Similar Threads - stuck login screen

2. Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stucked on Login Screen: I deleted some users on regedit and now my screen is glitching when I try to press spacebar to login. Anyone knows what to do thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stucked-on-login-screen/249bef7f-2cbe-4b29-950d-fc0e98bbeb3d
  3. Windows 10 stuck on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck on login screen: when i am in the welcome screen and i click ,the screen turns blur and i cant access the login screen.i tried removing my password using cmd but it says that windows folder doesnt exist in any drive.ctrl+alt+delete doesnt work,i also had a problem in which the screen turns...
  4. Windows 10 Stucked at Login Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Stucked at Login Screen: Hi everyone, To get right to the problem at hand: I ran SFC and it found problems and fixed them, but now I'm stuck at the Windows 10 login screen. I put my pin but it just reloads the login screen and it just asks for it again. No matter the login method, it just does the...
  5. Windows 10 stuck at login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stuck at login screen: The awesome windows 10 stuck at login screen. Tried all the possible suggestions available on microsoft community and google. I was a happy windows 7 customer and on one fine day, there was a notification from Windows saying from Dec 2019, support to Windows 7 will be...
  6. Windows 10 stuck in login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck in login screen: When I boot my computer it automatically logs into the account ”Asministrator” and because it doesnt have a password, I cant safe boot or switch to another account. When that happens it puts me in the setup screen where it asks if I want my location to be shown or if I want...
  7. Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen: I have Win 10 x64 Pro and this is on a new PC and a fresh install using UEFI option to install Windows. Initially the PC would start up lighting fast (at the login screen in no more than 10 seconds, maybe less), but it has suddenly become very slow. It's not the BIOS, as I...
  8. Login takes a long time

Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...
  9. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login: A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue: 1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services...
  10. Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuck at login screen: As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter...