Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on old address

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on old address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a common problem I've read in posts going back to 2016. My situation is the following: Whenever I use Edge, Weather, Maps, or Cortana, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fred0413, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Fred0413 Win User

Windows 10 stuck on old address

This is a common problem I've read in posts going back to 2016. My situation is the following: Whenever I use Edge, Weather, Maps, or Cortana, and I search for anything "near me" these applications show me results from an address I used to live in 7 months (1,000+ miles apart). This is only happening with Microsoft applications. If I use Google Chrome and have it search near me, it knows exactly where I'm at. The only way around this is to manually put in my location, which is not ideal since I do take the laptop with me to different places. The other solution is to just use Chrome and skip the built-in Microsoft apps.

I've tried so many different troubleshooting solutions including re-installing Windows, stopping and starting geolocation services, reset location in settings, etc. Has anyone been able to find a solution to this?

:)

Fred0413, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Old Contacts and Email Addresses Appearing in Windows 10 Mail

In windows 10 People, I have a list of 42 current contacts.

When I start a new email in Windows 10 Mail and type a letter so the program can list my current contacts, the program gives me an extended list of current and old email contacts names and email addresses. Where is this extended list? How do I edit it
    and delete the old contact names and addresses?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

AllanBeason, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck on old address - Similar Threads - stuck old address

2. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login credentials are stuck on old email address: I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user...
  3. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login credentials are stuck on old email address: I have an older computer I hadn’t started in a while, and I’ve since changed my email address on my Microsoft account. The old hot mail email address no longer exists. My computer has the old login credentials saved to the user profile/lock screen. I do not have another user...
  4. Login credentials are stuck on old email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OLD Hotmail address.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD Hotmail address.: Hi - I have an Old Hotmail e-mail address. I want to permanently DELETE that e-mail address and solely use my New Outlook address. Can you advise what to do..? In advance Tks David...
  6. old email address

old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  7. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  8. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  9. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: HOW DO I REMOVE AN OLD MS ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/69eb0a04-068a-4860-9b19-15a543b34e5d
  10. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081